Trudeau says Canada belongs to Quebec

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
OTTAWA - In the wake of Liberal MP David McGuinty's anti-Alberta comments this week, a 2010 interview with Liberal leadership hopeful Justin Trudeau raises the issue about whether that attitude is baked into the DNA of the federal Liberal party.

In November 2010, Trudeau told a Quebec television show that he was tired of Albertans running the country and that, whether it was Jean Chretien or Brian Mulroney, Canada is better off when Quebecers are running the country.

"Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau said in French to interviewer Patrick Lagace on the Tele-Quebec program Les francs-tireurs (The Straight Shooters).

lots more

Sun News : EXCLUSIVE: Trudeau says Canada belongs to Quebec

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
With talk like that Alberta will be having a referendum if it wants to stay in Canada and continue to support the east, and the difference is.. Alberta does not need Canada, Quebec with all it's free give away's does and will never separate because it's a leach of a Province.

I know where my vote will be cast.. screw the east.. "Let the Eastern bastards freeze in the dark" Ralph Klein

Separation Party of Alberta -To ensure the future of Alberta for Albertans by becoming an independent nation separate from Canada.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I find it hilarious that those on the right had no problem when Romney did this but criticize Trudeau while those on the left criticized Romney and will, no doubt, have no problems with Trudeau.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Romney said Canada belonged to Quebec?

No, Romney said one thing to Massachusettsans as a state politician and something completely different to Republicans in the Primary and then backpedaled when he campaigned for President. Politicians always say what their audience want to hear. I just get a kick out of how some people attack the other guy but defend it or ignore it when their guy does it.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
It would be stupid of him to show his face in Alberta .
If 'trudeau' gets elected as the head of the liberals ,Alberta will separate , and the rest of the West will follow.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Alberta doesn't need Canada ??!! If all the Canadians left,you'd better learn spainglish,and learning doesn't come easy to you american wannabeez

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Quebec complains about Alberta all the time and they trot out the PQ every now and then.
Alberta complains about Quebec and now they threaten in little circles to have a vote and
leave.
Both Provinces are children at heart, both have ego's bigger than all out doors and nothing
will change in time the rest of us cast our eyes up and roll them every now and then and
leave it alone.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If 'trudeau' gets elected as the head of the liberals ,Alberta will separate , and the rest of the West will follow.

Junior turdo being liberal leader will guarantee Conservative governments for another decade at least. Oi lines won't be built eastward either.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I read the article and two things stood out. The statement that it was taken out of context and that it comes from SUN whose MO is taking things out of context for shock effect. When I read what Justin said, the inflection I got was that of the popular saying, "You just got owned". I doubt Trudeau is that stupid. It just looks to me like more of SUN's sensationalizing nonsense. But some people eat that crap as a steady diet.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Justin Trudeau anti-Alberta TV interview puts dent in Liberal leadership ambitions

Justin Trudeau video with anti-Alberta comments puts dent in Liberal leadership ambitions | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

Justin Trudeau faces uproar for alleged anti-Alberta comments in 2010 interview

Justin Trudeau faces uproar for alleged anti-Alberta comments in 2010 interview - thestar.com

Trudeau campaign forced to address 2010 comments on Alberta

Trudeau campaign forced to address 2010 comments on Alberta - Politics - CBC News

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
How about if Trudeau is the Liberal leader the Liberals will gain NOTHING between Manitoba and BC?

They might get a few seats in the west. The idea that Alberta would separate is laughable. That idea has no traction here.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

I was concerned that you had lost your stupid pills, but I see that worry was completely unfounded.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I find it hilarious that those on the right had no problem when Romney did this but criticize Trudeau while those on the left criticized Romney and will, no doubt, have no problems with Trudeau.

A lot of our right leaning members were anti-Romney. I don't think you can just label it one way or the next. I'm pretty left leaning but if that's his starting point, I doubt I'd be casting a vote that helps Trudeau's cause.

With talk like that Alberta will be having a referendum ...http://www.separationalberta.com/

uhm, no.