David McGuinty bites the dust

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Poor Dave. :lol:

David McGuinty resigns post in Liberal shadow cabinet after telling Tory MPs to ‘go home’ to Alberta

OTTAWA — Ontario Liberal MP David McGuinty apologized Wednesday and resigned his post as the party’s natural resources critic after he said Alberta MPs need to take a nationwide view of energy policies or go home.

“I would like to unreservedly and unequivocally apologize for comments which I made with respect to parliamentary colleagues from the province of Alberta. My words in no way reflect the views of my party or leader, and I offer my apology to them as well as my colleagues from Alberta,” McGuinty, an Ottawa MP, said in a statement Wednesday.

“I hold all Parliamentarians in high esteem, and I regret my choice of words, as I can understand the offence they have caused. I have offered my resignation as energy and natural resources critic to my leader, and he has accepted. I look forward to continuing to serve my constituents in the House of Commons.”

more

David McGuinty resigns shadow cabinet post after ‘back to Alberta’ controversy | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Is he Dalton's brother? If so, it looks like foot-in-mouth runs in the family.;)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

David McGuinty resigns post in Liberal shadow cabinet after telling Tory MPs to ‘go home’ to Alberta

OTTAWA — Ontario Liberal MP David McGuinty apologized Wednesday and resigned his post as the party’s natural resources critic after he said Alberta MPs need to take a nationwide view of energy policies or go home.

“I would like to unreservedly and unequivocally apologize for comments which I made with respect to parliamentary colleagues from the province of Alberta. My words in no way reflect the views of my party or leader, and I offer my apology to them as well as my colleagues from Alberta,” McGuinty, an Ottawa MP, said in a statement Wednesday.

“I hold all Parliamentarians in high esteem, and I regret my choice of words, as I can understand the offence they have caused. I have offered my resignation as energy and natural resources critic to my leader, and he has accepted. I look forward to continuing to serve my constituents in the House of Commons.”

more

David McGuinty resigns shadow cabinet post after ‘back to Alberta’ controversy | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

The Liberal Party has a leader? I must'a blinked or something. Totally missed that.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Liberal Party does not have a leader, neither do the other parties
My late father told me that the Communists tried to take over the Canadian
Government but they couldn't find it. That was years ago and nothing has
changed with time.
Seriously though, we have to have some kind of national policy that is fair
to all with a pipeline going east and west. Far better than going norther and
south or to benefit the economy of Asia that is competing with us

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It was definitely a stupid thing to say. Not sure if he should have resigned or not though. It is strange that whenever a politician from any party actually speaks their mind they wind up having to resign.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
It was definitely a stupid thing to say. Not sure if he should have resigned or not though. It is strange that whenever a politician from any party actually speaks their mind they wind up having to resign.

Cept'n if they are a member of the Con tribe.......................

I think he should have told them to go pound salt. He should have known they'd be all over that like white on rice. Maybe he didn't want the job..................just the money.

Is he Dalton's brother? If so, it looks like foot-in-mouth runs in the family.;)

Thought you lived in Ontario ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

That would be presuming they had a mind to speak. If this was speaking his mind it is no wonder the Liberal party is dead east of Ontario.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

more

?
Dull news day?

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
If it were a liberal pool boy, con parking valet or dipper gigolo, then perhaps. But a high profile, self-important doofus like this one deserves the mention.

- Before David and DOLTon McGuilty became "important politicians" due to their father having a heart attack while shovelling snow and DOLTon getting to run in his father;s old seat, these two Liberal lightweights used to operate their MPP daddy's little law firm in Ottawa.

- Every day the two boys would put their heads together and form a solid surface (really solid).

- Nobody ever imagined that either of them would amount to anything politically.

- And they haven't.