Harperites still afraid of the Internet

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's easy to understand why they're afraid of it though. It's bigger than them by googols, and stands in ideological opposition to them in form and function.

Canadian government requesting removal of defamatory content, blog posts: Google report

Read it on Global News: Global Regina | Canadian government requesting removal of defamatory content, blog posts: Google report

No such thing as a Canadian government exists. This is a branch office of the internationalist banking scum, globalist tyrants, supermen, carbon maggots, of course they fear reality the truth justice freedom and democracy

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
That link don't go nowhere.

And similar to da Beav's but with toned down rhetoric.

ER , like, I laugh more if I get to do the tuning. Do you think I'm writing for someone else or what? At least you didn't say bad rhetoric ahh or did you?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That link don't go nowhere.

And similar to da Beav's but with toned down rhetoric.
I worked for me but I'm local(?).

Here is the content...

Google’s latest Transparency Report shows that the Canadian government is increasingly requesting that Google remove content from its websites, primarily for reasons of defamation.

The Canadian government requested the removal of 405 pieces of content between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2012. Of these, 325 were because the content was deemed defamatory. The Google service most targeted by these removal requests was Blogger, followed by YouTube.

The number of requests that Canada makes has been increasing. It made 207 requests in the first half of 2012, up from 162 requests during the preceding six-month period.

Most Canadian requests for removal of content came from the “executive,” which includes police or the government directly. The remaining 44 per cent of requests come from court orders.

Google complied with 58 per cent of Canadian requests for removal during the last reporting period, a number that isn’t unusual historically. But, there were some notable times when Google decided not to remove content.

Between July and December 2011, Google received a request from Passport Canada to remove a YouTube video showing a Canadian citizen “urinating on his passport and flushing it down the toilet.” Google did not remove the video.

In another case, between July and December 2009, Google received a request from a Canadian politician to remove a blog “criticizing his policies.” They did not remove the blog.

And more recently, Google received a falsified court order for the removal of defamatory content, citing a case in Moncton, New Brunswick.

Read it on Global News: Global Regina | Canadian government requesting removal of defamatory content, blog posts: Google report