Elizabeth May: NDP Heckling Put An End To My Question

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Mulcairs' useful Laytonian idiots heckle May with civility.

Green Party Leader Elizabeth May took to Twitter Thursday to attack the NDP for heckling her into silence.

May was shouted down during debate on an Opposition Day motion from NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair calling on Prime Minister Stephen Harper to meet with premiers to discuss the economy.

After Mulcair had spoken on the ongoing cost to clean up the Sydney tar ponds, May asked the NDP leader about whether his party intends to do something to combat climate change.

"I would like to ask the leader of the official opposition if, in his comparison between trade deficits and ecological deficits, he would advance the need to actually do something about the climate crisis rather than point fingers back and forth across the aisle," May said.

"The previous Liberal government had a plan in place. It would have reduced emissions. It would have..." May was stopped by NDP heckles before she could finish her question. She then sat down saying she could not be heard.

more

Elizabeth May: NDP Heckling Put An End To My Question (VIDEO)

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
All the parties do this.... if she can't hack it, then she shouldn't be there.

Just watched the video... that was lame. I've heard much louder for much longer in the past from many others during Question Period.... I heard her just fine, but she got a couple of heckles, got in a huff, stomped her feet and sat down complaining she couldn't be heard.

Almost looked like she was going to burst into tears over it.

Every other member in there I have seen in the past, Harper, Iggy, Dion, Layton and all their underlings, have just continued to ask their question/say their peace, above the heckles.... or would repeat themselves until they said what wanted to say.

She gave up pretty damn quickly.

Rookie.... no sympathy.

If she's so concerned about the other parties not doing anything about the environment, why doesn't she do something about it?

Oh yeah.... cuz her party consists of only her there in Parliament and all she's good for is extra noise in the background.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
But the NDP is cool, not partisan and way more democratic than all the other parties.

The national flower of the new dipster party:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Ellimay is a one trick pony. Thousands of Canadians are looking for jobs that pay enough to pay the rent, buy food and put their kids through school and she is out to destroy what little economic activity we have left.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Not the NDP. They're better than, and above it all, or so I've been told.

Can't say I ever heard such a claim. If you want to play with the big boys, ya gotta know the ropes.

And big boys wasn't a jab at May being female, as there's plenty of women in the government who know how to play the game and don't just sit back down in a huff.

Love to new sig btw, had a cathartic moment did you? lol.

Actually, the story behind it:

Before I left Canada, I was staying at my dad's house who have three dogs and several cats. This bear was one of the dog's toys which was chewed up and had stuffing all over the place. I got creative and placed the stuffing as you see and placed one of my father's pellet guns he had as a prop in one of his WWII uniforms (holster) and made the scene as you see it.

I thought it was funny. :p