Quebec Election Outcome............

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

I am sure people are tired of Charest and corruption- I am sure people are tired of the PQ with their agenda for separation- But that is their main plank- take that away and what do you have- Just another political party that panders. Oh they still pander with that plank.

I really do not see Harper devolving powers to Que unless they are made / offered to all provinces- May throw them a bone - but that is about it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The third choice is CAQ leader Francois "Peter Pan" Legault,with is insane magic solution on how to fix everything.

And free education for everyone.
I agree it's insane to think that will fix everything.

But a lot of good can come from free higher education.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I really do not see Harper devolving powers to Que unless they are made / offered to all provinces- May throw them a bone - but that is about it.

Nor do I. I hope he doesnt. Particularly not if its a PQ win.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Nor do I. I hope he doesnt. Particularly not if its a PQ win.

28 % of the voters were undecided. They are fed up. They are also coming to the realization that they cannot afford all the social programs they have- High taxes- drives investment and employment elsewhere.
Off topic
What may cause a major impact on the value of the dollar is that every Province, Ontario east have large debt. Add it up- a very high number.

And if the PQ are elected look for less investment. Companies look for political stability.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada

Stephane Gendron mayor of Huntingdon/tv show host,said today that if Charest win again,by a majority,he will go out in his towns streets naked,so women of CC wait until tomorrow,you might get some nice pics for your wallet. :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Hi bear

We put our two children through University and we are in the process
of putting a grandson through at UBC. Great idea about free education
but can we afford it? Our two children cost about $15,000.00 each and
our grandson will cost close to $30,000.00 for a bsc degree not counting
room and board.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
My view is super. :p My opinion on the Quebec election is that when the PQ take power the people of Quebec will be no further ahead than they were before the election.........and depending upon what Marois does while in office, some of them may very well be farther behind.

If the PQ wins,again they will continue to force parents to send their kids to french schools only.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Na, na, na, na,....na, na, na, na......hey, hey, hey,....good-bye.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Lots of studies done on both educational systems- free or paid for. 1 problem with free would be the value attached by the person- the other would be ones that abuse it. But those can be addressed.

Young people starting off with high debt from Post Secondary- many make the wrong choice - change due to a variety of reasons - not thinking what will be available for employment after a degree, extremely high prices for housing- they are behind from the get go.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I am sure people are tired of Charest and corruption- I am sure people are tired of the PQ with their agenda for separation- But that is their main plank- take that away and what do you have- Just another political party that panders. Oh they still pander with that plank.

I kind of agree with all the Quebeckers who want to separate, they should get their passports in order, pay their share of the National debt and F**K OFF.

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
It's a minority. Throw out the liberals, let the PQ make fools of themselves in the current economy, and bring in a Quebec Conservative government.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Minority it is the corrupt Liberals are out, and the PQ doesn't get enough power to have
a referendum something the citizens don't want. Things balanced out pretty well all in all.
As for education being free, there is a way to do that and have us afford it after an initial
out lay.
1 Students would have to maintain the marks they have always had.
2 As long as they performed efficiently
3 Once the student graduates they would enhance the society by working for
seventy five percent of their wages for three years in some government
capacity then everyone would call it square.

The big advantage is we would be treating education as an investment rather than an
expense. We would have people educated and trained to do the jobs we require.
that way we don't need to import skills through immigration, and we prepare our kids
for the real world.
One cautionary note, we must ensure that Canadian students get first dibs on all seats
in universities and colleges in this country. I don't care that foreign students pay, they
take up space in institutions that we paid to to build. In my view we are also training
foreign students to compete with our future interests. As usual I say Canada First.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Minority it is the corrupt Liberals are out, and the PQ doesn't get enough power to have
a referendum something the citizens don't want. Things balanced out pretty well all in all.
As for education being free, there is a way to do that and have us afford it after an initial
out lay.
1 Students would have to maintain the marks they have always had.
2 As long as they performed efficiently
3 Once the student graduates they would enhance the society by working for
seventy five percent of their wages for three years in some government
capacity then everyone would call it square.

The big advantage is we would be treating education as an investment rather than an
expense. We would have people educated and trained to do the jobs we require.
that way we don't need to import skills through immigration, and we prepare our kids
for the real world.
One cautionary note, we must ensure that Canadian students get first dibs on all seats
in universities and colleges in this country. I don't care that foreign students pay, they
take up space in institutions that we paid to to build. In my view we are also training
foreign students to compete with our future interests. As usual I say Canada First.

Maybe the P.Q. should be charged with treason!