Saskatchewan Ranked 2nd Best Labour Market in North America

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Fraser Institute;
Led by Alberta and Saskatchewan, Canada’s Western provinces are among the best-performing labour markets in North America, concludes a new report from the Fraser Institute, Canada’s leading public policy think-tank.
Not so fast....
In five provinces—Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia—more than 25 per cent of all workers were employed by various levels of government.
Small wonder Saskatchewan flirts with deficit budgets in a time of economic expansion.

Now is the time to fix this. Get 'er done, Mr. Wall.

The full report (pdf) is here.

small dead animals: Saskatchewan Ranked 2nd Best Labour Market in North America

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yay! We're number 2! We're number 2!.....and gunning for number 1.

more than 25 per cent of all workers were employed by various levels of government.

They are called money making Crown Corporations. Remember those? We kept most of ours and our debt is bupkiss.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Yay! We're number 2! We're number 2!.....and gunning for number 1.

more than 25 per cent of all workers were employed by various levels of government.

They are called money making Crown Corporations. Remember those? We kept most of ours and our debt is bupkiss.

Oooh...........the good news just keeps rollin' in............good on you Saskatchewan. Rock on! :smile:

While here in BC the rats are fleeing the ship........three more Liberal MPs said bye, bye today. By the time, the election rolls around next spring, the only Liberal left standing will be the cookie.........then again, the way she's crumbling there might not be a party at all.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Saskatchewan, on top of that has some really really awesome ice fishing!!!!! Potash, Uranium, Oil all there missing is more tax payers, HA!!
Been in the patch in Kindersley area since january,they drilled over 1000 wells there now.You could not get a hotel room unless you booked a week before.
I'm back in Alberta,Coronation area and 30 days straight now putting leases back!
I love this work.
The patch is booming!
Were putting back full build leases in 2 days,I got a couple old timers on the dozers so it's non stop 13 hour days.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
That is why God invented canoes.
That's why you build a road to those eskers in the winter time.
Sand is worth $1000 a sandbag in the arctic and the eskers are the only source of sand.
I mined out 8 eskers for Agnico eagle meadowbank mine,they built the whole mine and made concrete from that sand.
Probably cost Agnico a half million dollars for that material..