Judge throws out Guergis lawsuit against Harper

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
OTTAWA—An Ontario court judge has struck down most of a conspiracy and defamation lawsuit launched by ousted Conservative cabinet minister Helena Guergis against Prime Minister Stephen Harper and others.

The decision released Friday said that it is up to the prime minister to decide who is in — and who is out — of his federal cabinet and that he and his advisers should not have to answer to their choices in court.

more

Judge dismisses Helena Guergis

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
"Guergis later claimed that she was never informed about the serious allegations against her."

Yeah, right. I guess she never read a paper or watched a newscast of the time, either.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What? You are unaware of all the allegations against you?
Oh no, I know all of those.

The trolls post countless hate threads to tell me about them.

What I was referring to there was the fact that I thought she didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
She is a bit of a flake and her choice in me is also suspect it appears.
the one good thing is she is a conservative, it demonstrates that all
parties have their share of them.
Yes regardless, it is the Prime Minister's job to sort these things out.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
OTTAWA—An Ontario court judge has struck down most of a conspiracy and defamation lawsuit launched by ousted Conservative cabinet minister Helena Guergis against Prime Minister Stephen Harper and others.

The decision released Friday said that it is up to the prime minister to decide who is in — and who is out — of his federal cabinet and that he and his advisers should not have to answer to their choices in court.

more

Judge dismisses Helena Guergis

Probably a good thing. She comes across (to me) as a person who is more interested in the benefits to herself than to anyone else. Not a good trait in a politician! :smile: