Stretching the Harper hatred too far

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Someone is always watching eh. :lol:

Horrors – Harper rides a Yamaha ATV!

I have zero respect for the Harper-hating Hill Times reporter Tim Naumetz at the best of times but he stoops to bizarre new lows with a concocted hit-piece based on PM Stephen Harper’s trip to the Yukon.

Naumetz speed-dialed his favourite opposition party MPs to get their moronic quotes on Harper’s ATV ride:
Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s much-vaunted message machine blundered when they plunked him on a Japanese-made ATV to churn up and down unlikely Yukon sand dunes in one of the rarest ecosystems in North America, say opposition MPs. (see here)

The same NDP that hired a foreign company to run their flawed leadership vote is running their mouth about Harper’s ATV. (see here)

The same Green Party who flew international speakers to its convention last weekend in Elizabeth May’s riding. (see here)

The same Liberal Party that has caucus members who lie about owning foreign-made cars. (see here)

Also: I wonder if these idiotic MPs think Michael Bublé, David Foster, Burton Cummins, Chantal Kreviazuk and Sarah McLachlan are bad Canadians for being Yamaha users? (see here)

Update: The Hill Times has now pulled this article but I fortunately have a saved copy.

Opposition MPs criticize PM Harper for riding non-Canadian ATV in rare Yukon ecosystem

read on:

Horrors – Harper rides a Yamaha ATV! « BC Blue: One BC Conservative's view on it all…

Bombshell: NDP’s Leslie says Hill Times’ Naumetz used quotes on Harper-ATV story that weren’t hers

Bombshell: NDP’s Leslie says Hill Times’ Naumetz used quotes on Harper-ATV story that weren’t hers « BC Blue: One BC Conservative's view on it all…

Opposition MPs criticize PM Harper for riding non-Canadian ATV in rare Yukon ecosystem | hilltimes.com

The temptation to press 'publish' or 'submit' too quickly is everywhere. :lol:

As one commenter noted:

You notice the swiftness HT responds to Megan Leslie’s request.

What about the false and untrue stories said of/about PM Harper throughout the years. So far it is still out there for the public to remember it well even though it is a pack of lies.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
The CBC and these buffon are all part of a very large Union... the "Actors Guild".. Go ahead, check it out.. its a fact.

The measures taken lately by companies and economies has the Unions pulling out ALL the stops.. Its candy to the brain dead leftists ear...

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
The CBC and these buffon are all part of a very large Union... the "Actors Guild".. Go ahead, check it out.. its a fact.

The measures taken lately by companies and economies has the Unions pulling out ALL the stops.. Its candy to the brain dead leftists ear...

Don't you mean Film Actor's Guild also known as F.A.G.
:lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think there are more important issues than an ATV ride. There is a problem here for
the Prime Minister though and some of his problems are his own making. The Prime
Minister left Canadians with the impression he would provide stable and good
government and his former agenda was just a rumour. The problem is when you set
out to change the fabric of the nation there are times when even your own get upset.
Seniors for example are starting to view him with suspicion and there are other
examples.
There is a pattern to the Canadian mosaic in how they treat politicians.
1 There is a massive love in where they can do no wrong
2 Anger when they do something out of the ordinary good or bad.
3 Criticism and nit picking
4 Ridicule and making jokes of contempt
5 Throw them out of office (we do not elect governments we kick them out)

Harper is fast approaching the ridicule stage and his welcome is starting to wear thin.

Fletch

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2012
I dont know... I would give Canadians more Credit. Im sure that they can see through the media bias and sheer lies (see original post)

I think there are more important issues than an ATV ride. There is a problem here for
the Prime Minister though and some of his problems are his own making. The Prime
out to change the fabric of the nation there are times when even your own get upset.
examples.

Harper is fast approaching the ridicule stage and his welcome is starting to wear thin.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
examples.

I guess you won't be voting for him will you.
Funny though Grumpy you were singing the same song prior to last election.
How did that work out for you?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
examples.

Wow, anything else you want to add to deflect damage from the yellow journalism exampled in the OP?

Maybe you can bring up the time Harper freebased a kitten in the House mens room.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
So electing to ride a product from a Canadienne company famous for being badly managed, borderline corrupt, and ever on the government tit would make it all right?:lol:
Where is "King of the Royal Mounted" when you need him? Oh wait, he changed his name and lit out ........due south.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
So electing to ride a product from a Canadienne company famous for being badly managed, borderline corrupt, and ever on the government tit would make it all right?:lol:
Where is "King of the Royal Mounted" when you need him? Oh wait, he changed his name and lit out ........due south.

Used to dig this as a kid.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
"What about the false and untrue stories said of/about PM Harper throughout the years. So far it is still out there for the public to remember it well even though it is a pack of lies."

What false and untrue stories would those be?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I think they were both from about the same time period, late 30's early 40's. They were already old when i was young;-)

I should have said Sunday morning late 70's reruns of the old show. I'm old, but hey. :lol:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
"What about the false and untrue stories said of/about PM Harper throughout the years. So far it is still out there for the public to remember it well even though it is a pack of lies."

What false and untrue stories would those be?

Harpers hidden agenda comes to mind. Never was one. From day one Harper said he would remake Canada in his image.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well the opposition shills seem to get all horny when they find something smelly to throw at him.

Does that count?

Personally I'm opposed to people throwing smelly things around.

Reminds me of chimps at the zoo, if you know what I mean. Blech!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Personally I'm opposed to people throwing smelly things around.

Reminds me of chimps at the zoo, if you know what I mean. Blech!
But they're most commonly depicted as penguins.

I'll have to work on that.