Ontario has so much cash they're giving it away

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Dalton McGuinty wants to review bonus-pay system for civil service managers

Premier Dalton McGuinty is having doubts about the bonus pay system for civil service managers after 98 per cent of them got salary top-ups totalling $36 million at a time the government is seeking public sector wage freezes.

He’s calling on Finance Minister Dwight Duncan to review the system launched by former Progressive Conservative premier Mike Harris to bring private-sector discipline and incentives to government work.

“If everybody gets pay-for-performance, it’s not pay-for-performance — it’s pay,” McGuinty said Thursday at a Toronto elementary school after the payouts were revealed.

With Ontario fighting a $15 billion deficit, he has asked Duncan to examine how the bonus scheme “fits with our new fiscal reality.”
Conservative MPP Rob Leone (Cambridge) said McGuinty can’t blame the Tories because the Liberals have been in power for nine years and should be keeping a closer eye on the bonus pay system.

“This is simply failure on their part,” he told reporters at Queen’s Park.

more

Dalton McGuinty wants to review bonus-pay system for civil service managers - thestar.com

He's having doubts.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
hhmm
So, I get paid $140K per year to do my job and I get a bonus? At taxpayer's expense? In a high-taxpayer-debt scenario? If I was greedy, I'd go for it, but I'm not. I'm wondering why they get bonuses for doing the jobs they are paid to do. Nuckin Futz!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
hhmm
So, I get paid $140K per year to do my job and I get a bonus? At taxpayer's expense? In a high-taxpayer-debt scenario? If I was greedy, I'd go for it, but I'm not. I'm wondering why they get bonuses for doing the jobs they are paid to do. Nuckin Futz!

It's massively Norberto King Nuckin Futz!

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
hhmm
But they are government employees. They are entitled
And Some out there wonder why we have a huge debt/deficit.