Burka-Burka Sambuca Jihad

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Burka-clad teen's LCBO purchase surprises McGuinty

TORONTO - The revelation that a 14-year-old boy was able to buy booze at LCBO stores while wearing a burka — exposed in a Sun News Network undercover operation — has taken even the premier by surprise.

“There are rules in place. There are rigorous rules,” Premier Dalton McGuinty said of the minor’s alcohol purchases. “It’s a surprise to me that this happened. I think it’s a surprise to Ontarians that this could possibly happen.”

A teenage boy wearing a burka, headscarf and facial covering — traditional Islamic garb — was able to purchase Sambuca liqueur in three GTA LCBO outlets.

The provincial government aggressively pursues convenience store owners who sell tobacco to anyone under the age of 19, and the LCBO is also supposed to have a strict policy around selling alcohol to underage consumers.

“We’re asking the LCBO to ensure that all employees are exercising those rules, following those rules,” McGuinty said from Halifax, where he’s attending a Council of the Federation meeting. “It’s something that has been raised.”

Aly Vitunski, a spokesman for Finance Minister Dwight Duncan who oversees the LCBO, said in an email Thursday that the alcohol retailer has a policy that demands age verification for any client who appears to be under 25 years old, as required by the Liquor Licence Act.

“We expect, as do all Ontarians, that the LCBO applies that policy consistently,” Vitunski said.

She said there is LCBO policy in place to deal with face coverings, whether it’s a niqab, burka, mask or costume.

”For niqab/burqa wearers, the operational policy for the staff is to respectfully ask the person to go to a private area where a female staff member would verify identity after face covering (is) removed and verified against ID presented,” Vitunski says.

“Probably if it was a motorcycle helmet or a costume, they might just ask to remove it at the cash desk, but they wouldn’t do that for a niqab/burka wearer.”

Burka-clad teen's LCBO purchase surprises McGuinty | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

It surprises him (that teens are clever when it comes to getting booze)?

Poor old stupid Dalty. :lol:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The ripples from this story are still spreading. The Liquor Board out in
Saskatchewan has released its own statement regarding the story,
similiar to the last couple of sentances in the O.P.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Burka-clad teen's LCBO purchase surprises McGuinty

TORONTO - The revelation that a 14-year-old boy was able to buy booze at LCBO stores while wearing a burka — exposed in a Sun News Network undercover operation — has taken even the premier by surprise.

“There are rules in place. There are rigorous rules,” Premier Dalton McGuinty said of the minor’s alcohol purchases. “It’s a surprise to me that this happened. I think it’s a surprise to Ontarians that this could possibly happen.”

A teenage boy wearing a burka, headscarf and facial covering — traditional Islamic garb — was able to purchase Sambuca liqueur in three GTA LCBO outlets.

The provincial government aggressively pursues convenience store owners who sell tobacco to anyone under the age of 19, and the LCBO is also supposed to have a strict policy around selling alcohol to underage consumers.

“We’re asking the LCBO to ensure that all employees are exercising those rules, following those rules,” McGuinty said from Halifax, where he’s attending a Council of the Federation meeting. “It’s something that has been raised.”

Aly Vitunski, a spokesman for Finance Minister Dwight Duncan who oversees the LCBO, said in an email Thursday that the alcohol retailer has a policy that demands age verification for any client who appears to be under 25 years old, as required by the Liquor Licence Act.

“We expect, as do all Ontarians, that the LCBO applies that policy consistently,” Vitunski said.

She said there is LCBO policy in place to deal with face coverings, whether it’s a niqab, burka, mask or costume.

”For niqab/burqa wearers, the operational policy for the staff is to respectfully ask the person to go to a private area where a female staff member would verify identity after face covering (is) removed and verified against ID presented,” Vitunski says.

“Probably if it was a motorcycle helmet or a costume, they might just ask to remove it at the cash desk, but they wouldn’t do that for a niqab/burka wearer.”

Burka-clad teen's LCBO purchase surprises McGuinty | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

It surprises him (that teens are clever when it comes to getting booze)?

Poor old stupid Dalty. :lol:

Burqa is only worn by women, once he heard the boy's voice he should know something is up. Especially when it sounds like his balls haven't dropped yet.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The boy never spoke, nobody asked him to. Not even in the form of the
answer to the question of, "Do you have Air Miles?".....

No request for I.D. for any of the three Booze Stores, and the boy never
had to say anything at any of the purchases. Just set the booze down &
held out the money.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
What the hell? That's just bizarre, seems like the people who served the alcohol were careless.

"”For niqab/burqa wearers, the operational policy for the staff is to respectfully ask the person to go to a private area where a female staff member would verify identity after face covering (is) removed and verified against ID presented,” Vitunski says."

Why didn't this happen?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
They where buzy? They didn't want to offend? Didn't want the hassle of a
Human Rights Tribunal coming down on them for just doing their jobs
regardless of what a policy book says? Just guessing, but pick one,
as I think they might all be valid.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
“It’s a surprise to me that this happened. I think it’s a surprise to Ontarians that this could possibly happen.”

No Mr. McSquinty, for years far to many of us have been saying this would happen.

We are not surprised.

Good an answer as any.
Not really. Your answer was closer to the truth.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
What the hell? That's just bizarre, seems like the people who served the alcohol were careless.

"”For niqab/burqa wearers, the operational policy for the staff is to respectfully ask the person to go to a private area where a female staff member would verify identity after face covering (is) removed and verified against ID presented,” Vitunski says."

Why didn't this happen?

The real question is, why is that the policy? We have cabbies claiming conflict with their religion forces them to refuse fares who are carrying alcohol, but burka clad women are to be respectfully asked to show their face in private before being sold alcohol? The policy should be to respectfully remind the woman that her religion forbids her to be in an LCBO, let alone walk away with a bottle, and respectfully ask her to leave. It would be the decent thing to do.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is actually quite funny, these kids are smart and the quest for liquid refreshment
goes on. As for the burks bit it shows that it has its limitations in an open society.
Everyone knows its not part of the religion its part of the custom of a region of the world.
If it were religious so be it however it is not therefore we should restrict the places it can
be worn. Airports, apparently liquor stores, and government buildings etc.
There is a difference between religious and customs and we have to start enforcing the
difference.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
The real question is, why is that the policy? We have cabbies claiming conflict with their religion forces them to refuse fares who are carrying alcohol, but burka clad women are to be respectfully asked to show their face in private before being sold alcohol? The policy should be to respectfully remind the woman that her religion forbids her to be in an LCBO, let alone walk away with a bottle, and respectfully ask her to leave. It would be the decent thing to do.
This is the dumbest thing I've read read. What arrogant moron thinks he can tell what a person can or can't do based on their religious beliefs. Many Muslims consume alcohol, and they're fully aware of what is and isn't forbidden much more than a non-muslim, and certainly doesn't need what telling them what they can or cannot do. You solution is literally to forbid all Muslims alcohol, lol what the hell. You're an absolute jackass

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
This is the dumbest thing I've read read. What arrogant moron thinks he can tell what a person can or can't do based on their religious beliefs. Many Muslims consume alcohol, and they're fully aware of what is and isn't forbidden much more than a non-muslim, and certainly doesn't need what telling them what they can or cannot do. You solution is literally to forbid all Muslims alcohol, lol what the hell. You're an absolute jackass

lol o really is that what I said, forbid all muslims alcohol? Now THAT is the dumbest thing I've ever read. It may be hard for you, but the concept is simple....if you can drink, you can lift your veil. Comprendo?

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
OH man , I really feel like a dumbass.... I thought you said all Muslims should be forbidden alcohol on the reason that you think you know their religion better than they do. no it appears i was mistaken, you want all Muslims who wear the burqa to be forbidden alcohol for the reason that you think you know their religion better than they do... yes this is much more logical and sane.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
lol thanks for straightening me out. Maybe now you can go straighten all these people out:

Three-quarters of the 900 cabbies licensed to operate at the airport are Muslim, most from Somalia. It is unclear how many are adhering to this letter of Islamic law which considers the purchase, drinking and transport of alcoholic beverages a sin.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=2827800&page=1

Muslim model Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno will become the first woman in Malaysia to be caned after being caught drinking alcohol
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oman-Malaysia-caned-caught-drinking-beer.html

Liverpool crown court heard how Mohammed is believed to have accused Ahmed of breaking Muslim rules by drinking alcohol and held him down while a friend hit his head with a bat.
Somali youth was killed 'in row over alcohol and Islam' | UK news | guardian.co.uk

“Mohammad (sallallahu aleyhu vesellem) has damned the one who makes alcohol, who orders it, who drinks it, who carries it, who orders it to be delivered to him, who distributes it, who sells it, who spends the money that is earned from it, who buys it and who orders it to be bought for himself.”

A man who drank alcohol was brought to Mohammad’s (sallallahu aleyhu vesellem) presence, Mohammad (sallallahu aleyhu vesellem) beat him, they brought him again, he beat him again, they brought him again and he beat him again.
What is the punishment for the Muslims who drink alcohol? | Questions on Islam

TWO Britons have been given public floggings in Saudi Arabia for breaking the Moslem law which forbids alcohol.
One report says the two men, Nigel Maidment and Brian Cooper - both engineers working on Saudi Arabian contracts - may have received as many as 70 strokes of the cane each.
Seven other Britons are facing floggings of between 30 and 60 strokes, also for breaking the laws on alcohol.
Flogging in Saudi Arabia, June 1978 - CORPUN ARCHIVE saju7806

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
When I was a kid in highschool in the 70's I hitched rides to a nearby town, put on a clip on tie and bought all the booze I wanted.

I had a photocopied fake ID that maybe I was asked for once but that was it-I just brazened it out and my little bootlegging business turned a tidy profit-enough to pay for all my own boozing and eating in greasy cafes afterward.

It definitely helped that our house was across the street from the highschool and made for some busy nights coming and going from the garage before school dances.

Note that people who work on gubmint likker stores don't give a sh!t about anything in case you hadn't noticed.

Anyway Congratulations to the 14yo for making everyone look stupid-too bad his vision is so limited/he couldn't keep his fat mouth shut -he could have turned this into a (small) business opportunity.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
OH man , I really feel like a dumbass.... I thought you said all Muslims should be forbidden alcohol on the reason that you think you know their religion better than they do. no it appears i was mistaken, you want all Muslims who wear the burqa to be forbidden alcohol for the reason that you think you know their religion better than they do... yes this is much more logical and sane.

A muslim woman can soak her burka in alcohol all day for all I care. She can fill a pool with alcohol and dive in wearing as many burkas as she wants. She can have an alcohol IV poking every major artery under her burka, that's entirely her business. When she goes to the LCBO to buy a bottle....she needs to show her face same as everyone else, no special treatment.

Now go get a good night's rest, go to school for a couple of decades, then come back and read this post again when you're done, and then we'll talk.

:)