NDP launches attack ads on Stephen Harper’s economic record

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Scary stuff kids. :lol:

The NDP has released attack ads against Prime Minister Stephen Harper, saying his government is responsible for the largest deficits in Canadian history and is leading the country into another economic downturn

The ads directly attack what is perceived to be Harper’s strong suit, the economy, a move made famous by Republican strategist Karl Rove. The Harper Conservatives won their first majority government last year by touting their economic management to Canadian voters.

“Stephen Harper says the economy is very fragile, and he’s right,” a woman’s voice says in the English version of the ad. “Because after leading Canada into the worst recession of this generation, Conservatives have another economic downturn on their hands.

“And what’s Stephen Harper solution? Attack the most vulnerable Canadians when they are most in need,” the ad continues, as menacing drums swell in the background.

The ads, one in English and one in French, were uploaded to the NDP’s YouTube page Tuesday afternoon.

more

Stephen Harper attacked in new ads from Thomas Mulcair's NDP | News | National Post

Stephen Harper's solution - YouTube

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
And the NDP in the same position would have us all rolling in clover, everyone would be making a big wage whether they deserved it or not, "nobody is illegal" would be in place, no more prisons except for capitalists, no more gun problems with gang bangers or minority groups, the oil sands and anything even hinting at pollution would be gone. Globull warming totally vanquished. The money would come from printing presses while Mulfuzzy would only have to worry about losing his job to a fruit fly scientist, or a law breaking whale saver, whaddya mean your cold? Turn up the solar panel you idiot.......ya i get it. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The fact is that the meat of the add is true, the Conservatives have stacked up a
deficit and debt load even worse than the old Liberal Regimes of the past. The
problem for Harper now is that someone is going to fight back add wise.
What I don't like by either is they are showing pictures that are supposed to make
the other responsible for something.
The Conservatives have fallen into the same old traps the other guys did. They are
playing to their constituency first and the people of Canada second. Harper's
government has not done a good economic job when you strip away the trappings.
It will hit them hard when the second half of the recession hits and it will hit and
perhaps sooner than we think

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The fact is that the meat of the add is true, the Conservatives have stacked up a
What I don't like by either is they are showing pictures that are supposed to make
The Conservatives have fallen into the same old traps the other guys did. They are
It will hit them hard when the second half of the recession hits and it will hit and

Yawn.... Do you really believe in this bill of goods that you're selling?

But I do like the part about 'someone is going to fight back'... With what? proposals to increase the debt and deliver Canada into a deeper toilet as compared to the relatively easy ride when compared to the rest of the globe?

You're too old to be living on fantasy island DG.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I don't believe I have heard Mulcair say he was going to increase the debt, after all
Harper is doing that more than anyone. Mulcair hopefully will change the priorities
and make some of these people who have had a free ride pay their share. The
Tories have created a mess in the civil service as well. I do agree there had to be
some changes as happens in any organization. Problem is the people they target
are the ones who know how the system works and they end up costing us more n
the long run. We went through that in the mid nineties and we are going back to a
failed policy of the past.
The present government has ticked a lot of people off and its beginning to show.
Planes at inflated prices, or deceptive prices should not come before people.
As for polarized politics Harper's started that too and did a number on the Liberals,
it looks like the NDP are going to send out attack adds of their own and that is a
good thing. I don't like some of the things about the NDP but I prefer them to the
present government, and the Liberals are looking for a purpose right now,

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You mean that infrastructure building plan, that has fed many a tradesman's family?

That Action Plan?

No quick, witty retort to that, I see.

Ho hum. Guess they'll have to make do with calling leftards, union slugs, and the like.

Does wonders to improve the country.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I don't believe I have heard Mulcair say he was going to increase the debt, after all
Harper is doing that more than anyone. ,

Excellent point... I stand corrected; to date all he has said is that he wants to shut down the economic engine of the nation that represents trillions of tax revenues and 20+% of the entire TSE.

Yeah - that will barely be noticed by the general public

Mulcair hopefully will change the priorities
and make some of these people who have had a free ride pay their share. ,

Define 'Fair Share' DG... I'm dyin' to hear your detailed ideas on that.

The
Tories have created a mess in the civil service as well. I do agree there had to be
some changes as happens in any organization. Problem is the people they target
are the ones who know how the system works and they end up costing us more n
the long run. ,

Yeah - the public service was a real jewel in Canadian society before Harper got in power; fast, effective, efficient and responsive to all Canucks until the morning after Harper won a majority and it went all to hell.

Damn, eh?

The present government has ticked a lot of people off and its beginning to show.,

That will reflect in the polls then, won't it - most importantly in the only poll that counts come election time

Planes at inflated prices, or deceptive prices should not come before people.,

Brown paper bags would have been so much simpler.

As for polarized politics Harper's started that too and did a number on the Liberals,
it looks like the NDP are going to send out attack adds of their own and that is a
good thing. ,

I can hardly wait for that.

Mulcair and his failed use of dutch disease
Pat Martin about to be sued into bankruptcy
Mulcair's personal financial policy of dozens of mortgages on the same asset
Winnipeg MP's accepting graft
\
... And the list will get much longer with every month

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Scary stuff kids. :lol:

So you're basically into getting screwed by the Conservatives?

Because that's what they're doing.

As for the economy being Harper's strong suit, how imbecilic is that. The oil sector which is now dominated by the Tar sands isn't going to last. We're already becoming international pariahs, what's going to happen when we start facing lawsuits and economic sanctions based on the environmental damage we're contributing to. Bluffs and games can only carry a nation so far.

Steven Harper and his government are a disaster, laugh if you want, but the joke is on all of us, why the hell do you think Harper is smiling so much?

We went from a minor deficit or balanced budget to massive deficits under the Conservatives, often as they rammed spending through with little or no oversight. People who talk about how irresponsible the NDP are going to be with our money conveniently ignore how bad things already are.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

All caused by trying to please lefties during a minority government and to a lessor extent buying your vote with my money. The previous Liberal governments "balanced" the budget by downloading costs to lower levels of government and robbing things like EI.

A lot! The IN'Action' P_lan is more about redistributing wealth to the 1% than any economic strategy.

That must be about the first true statement you ever made here. The bureaucraps that administered the loot did in fact make out like bandits. Us working stiffs, not so much.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A lot! The IN'Action' P_lan is more about redistributing wealth to the 1% than any economic strategy.
Is it really? So these 1%ers own all the bridges, roads, buildings, parks, green energy projects, green transit, varrious infrastructure upgrades, hospitals, schools, etc funded by the Action Plan?