Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Re: Bev Oda pulls the pin!

Already posted..

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Did she stay long enough to get her golden handshake?
Lifw will be tough without the taxpayer funded expense account. Might have to stay at a HJ when she travels now.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Did she stay long enough to get her golden handshake?
Lifw will be tough without the taxpayer funded expense account. Might have to stay at a HJ when she travels now.

She can always try forming a Roy Orbison tribute act.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Orange juice Oda had a bad oda. Very noble of her to "quit," cough cough, gob. The Cdn Taxpayers Fed said she would get about $700,000 in pensions by the time she is 80. She looks about 76 now. You know, pensions aren't necessarily drawing the best people into politcs these days.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
New cabinet faces alone won't repair damage Oda did to Tory brand - Globe and Mail

No one expected Ms. Oda to survive that shuffle, including Ms. Oda.

But cabinet shuffles are of not the slightest interest to anyone outside the febrile confines of the political class. If Mr. Harper is to restore trust with those who gave him his majority government, especially with those true Tory believers who have been shaken by these abuses, then he will have to go farther: stricter spending limits and reporting requirements; smaller travel and entertainment budgets; fewer perks all around.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
She's a rough, crude, egocentric, manipulative, excuse for a woman, and I don't care if the door hits her ass, just as long as it closes behind her.

One bad oda out, hopefully several more to leave.

Too much to hope for:-(

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Honestly, her constituents are squarely to blame for this: that's what you get when you just blindly vote party without looking at the actual candidate you're voting for.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I would bet most Canadians would vote for a complete idiot if he belonged to "their" party and would overlook a complete genious in the same riding because of the wrong party association.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly, her constituents are squarely to blame for this: that's what you get when you just blindly vote party without looking at the actual candidate you're voting for.

Indeed. I was really surprised that she was re-elected last year given she had several screw ups under her belt already. Hell, in a way she caused that election.

I'll always vote for an MP over a party. If my prefered party puts an idiot in my riding, that person is not getting my vote.