Can Justin Trudeau save the Liberal Party?

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
They want him to run for leadership of the party, possibly because they're down in the dumps, but the question then is if the son of the legendary Prime Minister has what it takes. Just because Pierre Elliot Trudeau can bring home the constitution and serve as PM for many years does not mean his son has the same talent, so I'm not convinced. This could be another John Turner moment.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
They want him to run for leadership of the party, possibly because they're down in the dumps, but the question then is if the son of the legendary Prime Minister has what it takes. Just because Pierre Elliot Trudeau can bring home the constitution and serve as PM for many years does not mean his son has the same talent, so I'm not convinced. This could be another John Turner moment.

He does not- So endeth the thread.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Barbaric is a rather harsh word to impose on those who would consider honour killing.

Yes Justin the Lesser Trudeau has a shxt locker full of those to account for.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ulturalist-walks-into-trap-of-his-own-making/

An updated government information pamphlet for newcomers to Canada, “Discover Canada,” warns against such “barbaric” practices as honour killings, forced marriages and other immoral or criminal practices. Federal Liberal Immigration critic Justin Trudeau yesterday made it known that he is “uncomfortable” with the word “barbaric.” “You could say it’s absolutely unacceptable as a phrase,” says Trudeau, adding that the word could have the effect of making newcomers “defensive.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ans-cultural-relativist-flames/article612511/

1. 'It's meant to be pejorative.' Justin Trudeau is under attack after he said he was uncomfortable with the Conservative description of so-called honour killings as "barbaric." As a result, the Liberal immigration critic has now drawn his entire party into the controversy - on the eve of a possible general election.

"If not 'barbaric,' how would the Ignatieff Liberals describe honour killings?" the Tories ask in a series of talking points sent out to supporters and MPs late Monday night.

Stephen Harper's Conservatives, who have themselves come under fire for their stand on women's rights, jumped all over this. Their outrage springs from comments Mr. Trudeau made when asked to respond to the updated citizenship study guide, which Immigration Minister Jason Kenney released Monday.

Last edited:

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
I didn't know he was uncomfortable with calling honor killings barbaric, but I've been through this with PC type leftists, so I can see how he would quickly have to backtrack.

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
Rex Murphy has it right - if Trudeau runs and wins, the Liberals will be accused of looking for a messiah, which they are.

The more interesting thing is how this thread has rapidly drifted from talking about a Trudeau to talking about someone else.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If Trudeau has any brains at all he knows the Con propaganda Juggernaut will tear him appart with character assassination ads just like they did with the last two Liberal leaders. Judging by how the Con attack ads look so American in nature, I would not be surprised if there is a lot of Republican money behind them.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If Trudeau has any brains at all he knows the Con propaganda Juggernaut will tear him appart with character assassination ads just like they did with the last two Liberal leaders. Judging by how the Con attack ads look so American in nature, I would not be surprised if there is a lot of Republican money behind them.

Justin does not have the parts- The leadership- the platform -

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
His mom was probably baked on hash when she was carrying him.
And that proves what? It could just as easily have had an positive influence on his DNA. I think, by the crap being thrown in his direction, that the cons are terrified that he will run. I have no interest in the Liberals but if Trudeau scares Cons, I would vote for him just to piss them off.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Justin is a real dumbo.
Just what kind of a degree did this dumbo manage to buy..eerr get ?

He should lead the liberal party alright, he is what the Libs need to retire!!
Hahaha, the Libs give and just keep on giving!!! Go Trudeau go !!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Justin is a real dumbo.

They say "the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree", but in Canada we give a man a chance to succeed on his/her own merits- then if he fuddle duddles it up, F**k him!

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Justin is a real dumbo.

It is ignorant comments like this that inspire me to want to piss of Cons.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
If he's got even half the brains of a wombat he'd forever get out of politics and make a go of it on his own in some other field of endeavour but, you got a few folks telling you that you could be king for a day and it's bound to skew your rationale.

Liberals, schmiberals; How do you tell a Liberal from an Dipper: Invite Bob Rae to the party and the ones with the looks of scorn will be Dippers. Certainly can't tell them apart by their platform's; they're all swimming from the same dock.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Resistance is futile.