Only Asian staff in Chinese/sushi restaurants in Vancouver

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Ever notice how Asian staff are only employed in Asian restaurants in Vancouver that serve sushi or Chinese food? Every Asian restaurant I've eaten in has only had Asian staff servers and cooks. I've never seen whites or East Indians working in these establishments.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ever notice how Asian staff are only employed in Asian restaurants in Vancouver that serve sushi or Chinese food? Every Asian restaurant I've eaten in has only had Asian staff servers and cooks. I've never seen whites or East Indians working in these establishments.
Duh! It's Asian food. Why would you want other people cooking and serving it?

Ah, yes. You can't stand immigrants in "your" city or country. So sad. Did an Asian steal your girlfriend?

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
In many cases, these are family operations. There may well be two or three families, all related, that operate those businesses.

You see, unlike so many "white" folks, they believe strongly in all of the family working together, to help ALL of them succeed.

Their pattern is to all go together to purchase a business, all work to make it a success, then purchase another business, and so on, until all of them are doing well. They think nothing of working 12-18 hours a day, to make it.

There is no discrimination, they simply work together, just as so many immigrant families have done in the past.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
My gf always laughs at how Chinese people are cooking and serving sushi.

And then we enjoy the sushi and get on with our lives.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Have they applied?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Wow.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Duh! It's Asian food. Why would you want other people cooking and serving it?

Ah, yes. You can't stand immigrants in "your" city or country. So sad. Did an Asian steal your girlfriend?

I went into a Chinese take out and saw a white guy working there. I didn't feel so confident until I saw he was just bagging the items.

Ever noticed there are only Greeks working in Greek restaurants?

Glad I read the thread first... I was going to use this example.

And big boobed chicks working at Hooters ;)

lol. Well done.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Two black brothers run my local Chinese food place and just down the street an Asian family runs the Italian bakery, oh ya, a sweet little white girl is the cashier. Downtown a Lebanese guy has a falafel shop, ok that one doesn't really fit but man he has good humus and garlic sauce.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Very traditional crowd here. Gotta eat Asian food prepped by Asians. It tastes better that way, that's part of the whole experience of going to an Asian restaurant. It would be too multicultural I suppose to mix these things up.

You should have your genome checked- Never know what you will find in that stick, oops I meant your family tree.