Harper is a Big Meanie

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Germany is expressing its irritation with Canada for refusing to contribute to an international bailout fund as Prime Minister Stephen Harper faces increased pressure from the G20 to show “solidarity” with countries tackling Europe’s financial crisis.

Canada is on track to be one of the few G20 nations not offering a specific amount to the International Monetary Fund as it tries to raise at least $430-billion to draw on in case any members need a financial rescue.

But Mr. Harper isn’t budging as he carves out an agenda directly opposite to those of the high-debt governments of Europe. He chose Davos earlier this year to announce a long-term economic plan that includes raising the eligibility age for Old Age Security, partly to contrast Canada with the generous but unaffordable entitlement programs that are partly to blame for the trouble in Europe.

more

Harper

h/t sda

That's a shame. :lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The title should be "Harper is a big weinie" :lol:

The IMF will happily accept your personal contribution.

Contact details as follows: Also included are the SWIFT coordinates for your convenience

Headquarters 1 (HQ1):
International Monetary Fund, 700 19th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20431
Headquarters 2 (HQ2):
International Monetary Fund, 1900 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20431
Telephone Operator: + 1 (202) 623-7000 · Fax: + 1 (202) 623-4661

SWIFT: IMFDUS3WXXX

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I think the hipsters are throwing a telethon together in the fall. :lol:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I keep "Harping" back to the various nice things the eurotrash have done for us like boycotting Canadian products and 'Harping" on about how they are soooo superior to us culturally as well as conveniently forgetting that we took the thorn out of their "collective" paws and many of their best left them to become us.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
I keep "Harping" back to the various nice things the eurotrash have done for us like boycotting Canadian products and 'Harping" on about how they are soooo superior to us culturally as well as conveniently forgetting that we took the thorn out of their "collective" paws and many of their best left them to become us.
Over the years it annoyed me all these occasion the world has taken to bash us for everything,1990 the Oka crisis with the natives,cause some dickhead wanted to built a golf course on their land(so they said) then it was international new,every country bashed canada for something that was a small local problem,also we get south africa loudmouth Desmond Tutu who came over here,but he chose to go to the northern part of canada and accused us of commiting genocide(****ing retard the man was)
later we get one cow who was diagnosed with mad cow disease(ONE FREAKING COW) again the world banned our beef,while they in other countries had a sh*tloads more infected cows.
again later their is the bird flue scare,and again the world get back on this boycott canada train "Don't go there,you'll get sick bla bla bla"

not counting the many times people like that old battleaxe Brigitte Bardot and other attention seeking has been,who campaigned with more boycott canada bullcrap,over a seals,still using the old overused imaged of baby seals,while other countries slaughters dolphins and other animals in a much more cruel way.

in short my message to the world is STFU

Last edited:

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Remember when that idiot Chretien forgave Brazil $12Billion so their mining companies could later buy ours and lord it over our miners?

If the IMF wants our money, tell them to go see Brazil, thanks.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Over the years it annoyed me all these occasion the world has taken to bash us for everything,1990 the Oka crisis with the natives,cause some dickhead wanted to built a golf course on their land(so they said) then it was international new,every country bashed canada for something that was a small local problem,also we get south africa loudmouth Desmond Tutu who came over here,but he chose to go to the northern part of canada and accused us of commiting genocide(****ing retard the man was)
later we get one cow who was diagnosed with mad cow disease(ONE FREAKING COW) again the world banned our beef,while they in other countries had a sh*tloads more infected cows.
again later their is the bird flue scare,and again the world get back on this boycott canada train "Don't go there,you'll get sick bla bla bla"

not counting the many times people like that old battleaxe Brigitte Bardot and other attention seeking has been,who campaigned with more boycott canada bullcrap,over a seals,still using the old overused imaged of baby seals,while other countries slaughters dolphins and other animals in a much more cruel way.

in short my message to the world is STFU

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Germany is expressing its irritation with Canada for refusing to contribute to an international bailout fund as Prime Minister Stephen Harper faces increased pressure from the G20 to show “solidarity” with countries tackling Europe’s financial crisis.

Canada is on track to be one of the few G20 nations not offering a specific amount to the International Monetary Fund as it tries to raise at least $430-billion to draw on in case any members need a financial rescue.

But Mr. Harper isn’t budging as he carves out an agenda directly opposite to those of the high-debt governments of Europe. He chose Davos earlier this year to announce a long-term economic plan that includes raising the eligibility age for Old Age Security, partly to contrast Canada with the generous but unaffordable entitlement programs that are partly to blame for the trouble in Europe.

more

Harper

h/t sda

That's a shame. :lol:

Occasionally, I am very disappointed with the Conservatives.

And occasionally I am so glad I voted for them.....

This would be one of the latter.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nice to have a PM that will stand up for Canadian taxpayers. Until Europe is willing to admit their addiction to spending money they don't have and take the required treatment giving them more money is like giving a junkie free heroin.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Nice to have a PM that will stand up for Canadian taxpayers. Until Europe is willing to admit their addiction to spending money they don't have and take the required treatment giving them more money is like giving a junkie free heroin.
Chretien stood up for your pocket book by keeping us (officially) out of Iraq. (I bet that boils your balls.)

Also, the heroin thing is a bad metaphor. If junkies got free heroin, they wouldn't be robbing people for a fix.

Europe needs to figure their problems out for themselves. We let Latin, African and asian countries go down the drain, what makes Europeans think they are so special?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Chretien stood up for your pocket book by keeping us (officially) out of Iraq. (I bet that boils your balls.)
So that Iraq money went to Quebec Adverstising?

Also, the heroin thing is a bad metaphor. If junkies got free heroin, they wouldn't be robbing people for a fix.
Listen dude if you want to buy the Junkies Heroin so they don't break into your house knock yourself out. I'm pretty tapped right now so I'll take a pass on that one.

Europe needs to figure their problems out for themselves. We let Latin, African and asian countries go down the drain, what makes Europeans think they are so special?
On this we agree.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When you are the head honcho, you have to be a little mean at times or put another way "you have to be cruel to be kind". :lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I'm no Harpo fan but Europe can suck their own problems up their own anuses and off my credit card. Lazy f^cks

Yes indeed. Agree 100% Especially the no Harpo fan part.

But, time will tell if Harpo will "stay the course" or cave in.

Neither the Libs, Dippers, Cons, seem to be good protectors of OUR wallets.

RCS: That Iraq money probably went a lot of places, including Que.

However, not sucking the US bum in that case, saved a lot of Cdn soldiers from dying needless deaths.

Whatever reason Cretien had for saying no, I'm glad he did. There was probably some nasty Lib hidden agenda there, much like the ones we like to ramble on about now

As it is, no good has come of our involvement in Afghanistan. Just a lot of flag draped coffins, and Harpers fukking silly "highway of heros"......(not that they're not heros - every one) But, Harpers phony flag waving, with little support of our wounded troops I find a tad too Bush like - patriot act - homeland security - FEMA - bullshyte.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Whatever reason Cretien had for saying no, I'm glad he did. There was probably some nasty Lib hidden agenda there, much like the ones we like to ramble on about now

(former) prime minister jean chretien explains... - YouTube

As it is, no good has come of our involvement in Afghanistan. Just a lot of flag draped coffins, and Harpers fukking silly "highway of heros".....
A petition containing over 20,000 signatures, was given to the Ontario Minister of Transportation, by the people. Soon after the Ontario gov't announced it's plans to rename that particular section of highway.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
A petition containing over 20,000 signatures, was given to the Ontario Minister of Transportation, by the people. Soon after the Ontario gov't announced it's plans to rename that particular section of highway.

Geez Bear... I know that the facts sometimes get in the way, but couldn't ya let him have his fantasy anyways? It is Harper afterall - in fact, I hear that despite not being born yet, Harper was responsible for sinking the Titanic by setting the iceberg on a crash course with that ill fated boat.