Major overhaul of cabinet for Saskatchewan government

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Major overhaul of cabinet for Saskatchewan government

REGINA- Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall has announced a major cabinet shuffle with only two ministers keeping their current portfolios.

There are still 18 ministers, but some no longer exist and at least one new one is being created.

Bill Boyd, a Saskatchewan Party veteran who is extremely loyal to Wall, is leaving the Energy Department and will head the new Ministry of the Economy.

Wall has long said he wants to focus on growth and promote what he has always called the Saskatchewan Advantage.

Tim MacMillan takes over Boyd's energy duties.

A big promotion is going to Dustin Duncan, who moves from the environment portfolio to head up the Health Ministry, bumping Don McMorris to Highways. McMorris had been the health minister since the Wall government took over in 2007.

Other big news includes who's out: Rob Norris, who had been education and immigration minister, has been dumped from cabinet altogether. He becomes the premier's secretary for First Nations.

Don Morgan - who had three responsibilities as justice minister, attorney general and minister of labour relations - keeps the latter, but gets advanced education as well. Saskatoon MLA Gord Wyant takes on Morgan's other duties.

Two people staying put are Ken Krawetz, deputy premier and finance minister, and June Draude, who continues as minister of social services.

Bob Bjornerud, the longtime and well-liked agriculture minister, said in March he no longer wanted to be in cabinet so he could spend more time with his family. Lyle Stewart takes over his portfolio.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Harperesque of Premier Brad, Heil Harper

a good minion that Brad

Reform Party or Wild Rose contendant

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
While I don't agree with Brad Walls politics as I am not a conservative, this guy has
not totally screwed things up like so many others have. In my view we have two
really good governments on the Prairies and Wall is one of them at the moment, the
other is the NDP in Manitoba. I say this because both Provinces have included the
average guy in their decisions to some degree.
Wall stood up for Potash, and maintained its ownership and supervision in the interest
of the public. There are some things I don't agree with, but then I like you don't agree
with every decision a governing party makes. Manitoban's have returned the present
government to power recently it is their forth or fifth term and that is because they have
not been content to rest on their laurels.