Ontario’s Job Training Shuts Out Half Of Unemployed

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Ontario’s Job Training Shuts Out Half Of Unemployed

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1158287--ontario-s-job-training-shuts-out-half-of-unemployed?bn=1

This also might be true in other provinces.

I was watching Global TV political show West Block today and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said that Canada needs more foreign skilled workers to fill the future labour shortages but when the Tom Clark the host asked him about the massive unemployed that Canada has Jason said that there was not enough unemployed to fill the need.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1156183--ottawa-s-insistence-on-high-immigration-levels-during-downturns-questioned-in-report

“In 2010, Canada accepted 280,636 permanent residents, the highest level in over 50 years.”

We elect politicians to come up with solutions to solve the country’s problems and they just manage to fix part of it instead of all of it while getting their big fat paycheques.

Who can we blame, the voters who elect them?

This is an outrage and all three levels of governments are to blame for this.

What happened to taking care of your own first then going outside to fill the rest of the need?

It is a national shame that governments will go outside the country while families starve in this country because they can’t afford to get the training to get better jobs.

Voters of this country need to become more proactive in reminding politicians why they are there and the voter’s needs come first and they have to remind them that they can be replaced in the next elections.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm all for more open borders, but it must also go hand in hand with ensuring that the unemployed get the training their need to benefit from it too. Once one is in the catch22 of not enough money to go to school and not enough education to find a job, it can be tough.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What happened to taking care of your own first
then going outside to fill the rest of the need?

If "your own" won't get off their fat ****ing asses what is the next option?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Pulling the teeth out through the A$$hole! First identify who is employable and who is dysfunctional! :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Have you ever relocated more than 1000km for a job? Would you ever relocate more than 1000km for a job?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Have you ever relocated more than 1000km for a job? Would you ever relocate more than 1000km for a job?

I'd moved from Victoria BC to La Malbaie-Pointe-au-Pic QC for work, and again from Ottawa On to Jinan PRC for work, and in each case, the employer paid the ticket. And that's just in civilian life.

However, not all can move, for various reasons. I'm all for free-market solutions to unemployment such as:

Free-labour-movement agreements for those who are willing and able to leave the province or country,

Standardization of educational criteria between ministries of education at home and abroad for various trades and professions so as to make qualifications recognized over a wider part of the world, and

Eliminating the minimum wage so as to not legislate unskilled workers out of the labour market.

However, such solutions are not always sufficient, and some people who do want to work and have just been unlucky in life and cannot move abroad for whatever reason may benefit from government-paid trades or professional education.

It's not fair to assume that all unemployed don't want to work. In fact, that type of attitude might be part of the problem, not even giving them a chance.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I guess they just aren't hungry enough.

Some people would starve to death before finding work, not because the jobs aren't there but because there genuinely are no jobs with their skill sets locally at minimum wage, and they have no means to travel far,.

And you propose to let them starve. Allejuja and Amen to that, eh?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Some people would starve to death before finding work, not because the jobs aren't there but because there genuinely are no jobs with their skill sets locally at minimum wage, and they have no means to travel far,.
And you propose to let them starve. Allejuja and Amen to that, eh?
But it is against their charter rights to force them to move to where the jobs are.
The BC government recently proposed sending the unemployed form the lower mainland north to a special course complete with accommodations to train them for oil field and mining jobs. Much protesting from the leftards over this.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But it is against their charter rights to force them to move to where the jobs are.
The BC government recently proposed sending the unemployed form the lower mainland north to a special course complete with accommodations to train them for oil field and mining jobs. Much protesting from the leftards over this.

And perhaps it's against my charter rights to have to support them because they won't move!

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
And how about the fact that jason kenney is ancompetant moron like most of steves lackys,sounds like importing votes to me.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

I never proposed forcing them to move; some cannot owing to family obligations or no travel money (unless the employer pays of course), etc. I was talking about making it easier for those who are willing to move to do so.

Now if the government is paying the travel and training expenses, unless there is some special reason the person cannot go, there is no excuse to refuse the offer.

Helping people is one thing, but they have to help themselves too.

And perhaps it's against my charter rights to have to support them because they won't move!

Of course while we have an obligation to help them, they have to try to help themselves too at the same time, no doubt.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No money isn't an excuse. Cut off the welfare and the belly will decide what's worth doing and what isn't.

SpectateSwamp

Apr 19, 2011
Education is the other BIG lie

Education matters little. In over 40 years of Computing there isn't ONE job that a grade 8 student couldn't learn. Most IT jobs went off shore 20 years ago and you can be assured they were not filled by Computing Graduates. Education is the other BIG lie. It is just a means of keeping middle and lower class citizens out of the good paying jobs. Check "yellowhead speaks 1993" on youtube. I was saying exactly that then and it is still true today.

Shop local for your goods and employees. Otherwise you don't deserve our business.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
No money isn't an excuse. Cut off the welfare and the belly will decide what's worth doing and what isn't.

Including shoplifting. I remember a case years ago in winter where a guy threw a rock through a shop window and then waited for the cops to come and arrest him. They did not even need to handcuff him. They opened the door and he willingly went in. He even waved to us through the back window on his way.

If a person has applied for jobs and is just unlucky or just does not know where to look, etc. he will resort to desperation.

Now I do agree with scrapping welfare while possibly replacing it with some kind of peace corps which they could join to serve their country at home and abroad, with salaries slightly below free market rates for the same jobs so as to encourage people to find other work when they have a chance. At least this would put them to productive work for the community, give them work experience, possibly training, and pride. The work experience would certainly then help him find work in the private sector later when he wants a raise.

Also, without money, how do you print your resumes, wash your clothes, buy bus tickets, etc.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The problem with scrapping GW is there are always people getting hurt on the job and being 'dicked over til doomsday' by WSIB and ODSP in Ontario (and, I suspect, everywhere else too)

In a presentation I made for Worker Safety Week at a local high school - with the WSIB guy in attendance - I suggested if you're going to be hurt on the job in Ontario, be killed because Ontario will make you wish you were.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Including shoplifting. I remember a case years ago in winter where a guy threw a rock through a shop window and then waited for the cops to come and arrest him. They did not even need to handcuff him. They opened the door and he willingly went in. He even waved to us through the back window on his way.

If a person has applied for jobs and is just unlucky or just does not know where to look, etc. he will resort to desperation.

Now I do agree with scrapping welfare while possibly replacing it with some kind of peace corps which they could join to serve their country at home and abroad, with salaries slightly below free market rates for the same jobs so as to encourage people to find other work when they have a chance. At least this would put them to productive work for the community, give them work experience, possibly training, and pride. The work experience would certainly then help him find work in the private sector later when he wants a raise.

Also, without money, how do you print your resumes, wash your clothes, buy bus tickets, etc.
Luck? Doesn't know where to look? Doesn't have skills? Those are ALL lame excuses.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Luck? Doesn't know where to look? Doesn't have skills? Those are ALL lame excuses.

Sometimes they are excuses, but not always.

For example, when a local economy goes bust and many lose their jobs as has happened in some Ontario towns, it's not easy.