Widespread Voter Fraud in TO benefits the NDP!!!!!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
CBC reported Tuesday that Marlene Gallyot, the federal Conservative candidate who lost to the NDP's Rathika Sitsabaiesan in Scarborough-Rouge River has complained to Elections Canada, alleging ineligible voters "by the dozens" turned up on voting day and filed ballots illegally. She also said scrutineers — party volunteers who oversee voting on behalf of candidates — were approaching voters at polling stations, speaking to them in Tamil and coaching them on who to vote for.

Voter Fraud Concerns In East Toronto Widespread

Hilarious!!!!

Of course, I could say that this is reason to man the barricades, institute a Royal Commission, storm Parliament Hill, shoot the NDP's Rathika Sitsabaiesan and hang Nicole Turmel from a tree........

But that would not be fair....I mean, after all, it isn't as if Harper's party had anything to do with it. :)

Oh....please notice....THIS voter fraud was actually FRAUD, and actually had some effect on the outcome of the election.

Hilarious.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I demand a <public inquiry>, <Royal Commission>, <Elections Canda investigation>!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
If it can be proven, hang their asses high - if only so smug folk of all stripe can slip in the shyte

Smug Cons never slip in it. When smug cons are in office you can figure no cons of any stripe will get their asses hung high. If only the retarded who support them would wake up.

Never happen.

....................just as long as we can have our guns, everything's ok...........

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
How is election fraud ever hilarious?

Go after them I say.

As do I!

What is hilarious is not the fraud itself (far from it), but the puncturing of the belief of some people that the NDP are so above all of this, that the Conservatives are minions of the Dark One (Steve), the Liberals corrupted, and the NDP that bright shinning ray of enlightenment, truth, honesty, and humanist understanding....the hope for the world.

OOOPS!!!!

Even more amusing is the people (on other forums) ranting on about how Harper stole the election, under the headline about voter fraud....they never read the article, they might have to put down the pitchforks and torches to turn the page....lol.

Election fraud is chipping away at the foundations of democracy with a sledge hammer. Anyone caught and convicted of same should spend a significant amount of time behind bars.....enough to seriously deter any consideration of similar actions in the future.

And I don't care what party they support, or how "important" they are......

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You don't happen to have a link to that "the belief of some people that the NDP are so above all of this" herring do you ... or are you just hoping to deflect away from roboscam?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Let's all keep in context that there is no indication that this appears to be 'widespread' or that it would have clinched a victory for any party. The Conservative MP simply states that she witnessed voters 'by the dozen' and I'm sure she wants to use public opinion of the Tamil community in her favour.

Obviously, election fraud is election fraud, but this isn't like the Robocall thing where you have numerous ridings being investigated and the robocalls were specifically misdirecting non-conservative voters.

There is also no truth that these fraudulent votes would directly benefit the NDP either. In fact, they could have even voted for the CPC!

Now, these are just the facts as we know them right now.

I'm sure you don't need me to pull a Harper or Del Mastro and start whining about 'unsubstantiated smear campaigns' while pointing the fingers at others to try and muddy the waters, lol

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Even more amusing is the people (on other forums) ranting on about how Harper stole the election, under the headline about voter fraud....they never read the article, they might have to put down the pitchforks and torches to turn the page....lol.

Election fraud is chipping away at the foundations of democracy with a sledge hammer. Anyone caught and convicted of same should spend a significant amount of time behind bars.....enough to seriously deter any consideration of similar actions in the future.

And I don't care what party they support, or how "important" they are......

Indeed I found it annoying that people were jumping on the Conservatives out of the gate with no real proof. I actually wrote to my MP, who is NDP and said he shouldn't be attacking the Conservatives in the House of Commons when there was no direct link. I told him it could easily wind up making a fool out of him if evidence came to light pointing elsewhere.

I am really hoping the people responsible regardless of party go down for this and that by-elections are called in ridings where the fraud was large enough to effect the outcome.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Indeed I found it annoying that people were jumping on the Conservatives out of the gate with no real proof.

I think you're missing the point here - at least in reference to Colper's claims of absolute defiance.

You do not need to have direct evidence in order to make a case. As long as there is some good rationalization and circumstantial evidence that at least begs the question, then you can have a pretty credible allegation. Let's also not forget that the CPC have a pretty seedy history which can also make a strong case for investigation.

These things all add up, and it's perfectly reasonable to see why the greater public holds the CPC in contempt more than any other party right now.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think you're missing the point here - at least in reference to Colper's claims of absolute defiance.

You do not need to have direct evidence in order to make a case. As long as there is some good rationalization and circumstantial evidence that at least begs the question, then you can have a pretty credible allegation. Let's also not forget that the CPC have a pretty seedy history which can also make a strong case for investigation.

These things all add up, and it's perfectly reasonable to see why the greater public holds the CPC in contempt more than any other party right now.

Making an allegation is one thing. But saying they are guilty immediately and not looking at other areas as well is just plain stupid and can and apparently will backfire on those in office who went down that path.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Let's all keep in context that there is no indication that this appears to be 'widespread' or that it would have clinched a victory for any party. The Conservative MP simply states that she witnessed voters 'by the dozen' and I'm sure she wants to use public opinion of the Tamil community in her favour.

Obviously, election fraud is election fraud, but this isn't like the Robocall thing where you have numerous ridings being investigated and the robocalls were specifically misdirecting non-conservative voters.

There is also no truth that these fraudulent votes would directly benefit the NDP either. In fact, they could have even voted for the CPC!

Now, these are just the facts as we know them right now.

I'm sure you don't need me to pull a Harper or Del Mastro and start whining about 'unsubstantiated smear campaigns' while pointing the fingers at others to try and muddy the waters, lol

RIGHT.

Reality check........

The fraud involved Tamils. (if you think Tamils are voting CPC, you haven't been paying attention)

The Tamil candidate, who was NDP, won.

There is NO indication that robocalls had any effect whatsoever in ANY riding.

There is not ONE instance of any voter complaining that they were prevented from voting by the idiot calls.....NOT ONE!

Robocalls were made by both the Conservatives and the Liberals.

The initial investigation of Conservative robocalls was in Guelph.....where the Liberal won...lol.

Are we suffering a little partisan panic this morning, Mentalfloss?????

Let's all keep in context that there is no indication that this appears to be 'widespread' or that it would have clinched a victory for any party.

That goes for ALL the accusations in the 2011 election........

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
But saying they are guilty immediately and not looking at other areas as well is just plain stupid and can and apparently will backfire on those in office who went down that path.

I was under the impression the Liberals and NDP are well aware that they could be guilty as well and have provided their information. They're simply commenting on the CPC because the Conservatives are the only party under investigation right now.

The fraud involved Tamils. (if you think Tamils are voting CPC, you haven't been paying attention)

The Tamil candidate, who was NDP, won.

There is NO indication that robocalls had any effect whatsoever in ANY riding.

There is not ONE instance of any voter complaining that they were prevented from voting by the idiot calls.....NOT ONE!

Robocalls were made by both the Conservatives and the Liberals.

The initial investigation of Conservative robocalls was in Guelph.....where the Liberal won...lol.

Are we suffering a little partisan panic this morning, Mentalfloss?????

What looks more panicky - my posts or your OP?

Anyway, there are a number of errors in your post.

Mainly:

1.) Election results do not disqualify voter suppression (red herring)
2.) There indeed have been admissions from people being misled by robocalls
3.) The robocalls made by the Liberals were about abortion, not voter suppression (red herring)
4.) In addition to Guelph, Edmonton East, and some other spots in B.C. and Ontario are also being investigated

I'll give you an A for the exclamation marks though.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I was under the impression the Liberals and NDP are well aware that they could be guilty as well and have provided their information. They're simply commenting on the CPC because the Conservatives are the only party under investigation right now.

What looks more panicky - my posts or your OP?

Anyway, there are a number of errors in your post.

Mainly:

1.) Election results do not disqualify voter suppression (red herring)
2.) There indeed have been admissions from people being misled by robocalls
3.) The robocalls made by the Liberals were about abortion, not voter suppression (red herring)
4.) In addition to Guelph, Edmonton East, and some other spots in B.C. and Ontario are also being investigated

I'll give you an A for the exclamation marks, though.

1. I have no idea what that means.

2. Misled is different from being denied a vote.

3. Both were illegal, same thing.

4. Perhaps you could provide a link refering to the number of actual investigations, I know there is one in Guelph, and I thought I had heard of another....but could not find any reference.

Glad you so enjoyed the single (one) exclamation point in my post!!!!!!!!!!

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Colpy, you are not a daft person, so please stop pretending to be one.

1. I have no idea what that means.

2. Misled is different from being denied a vote.

3. Both were illegal, same thing.

4. Perhaps you could provide a link refering to the number of actual investigations, I know there is one in Guelph, and I thought I had heard of another....but could not find any reference.

Glad you so enjoyed the single (one) exclamation point in my post!!!!!!!!!!

1.) It means that even if you win, you can still be guilty of voter suppression
2.) They were misled in going to a voting booth that doesn't exist. That's suppressing the vote.
3.) The main theme (and what everyone is talking about) is voter suppression
4.) I recall hearing about at least 3-4 right now. Only Edmonton East comes to mind because Del Mastro looked like shmuck on live TV, when he said the riding didn't even exist.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
... ineligible voters "by the dozens" turned up on voting day and filed ballots illegally. ...

THIS voter fraud ... actually had some effect on the outcome of the election.

Really?

Totals/Totaux Conservatives: 13 935 Liberals: 12 699 NDP: 18 935 Total: 85 183
Source: OVR / ROS

So a few hundredth's of a percent of the population swayed the election? No. That's ridiculous.

This illegality you are talking about: not being on the voter's list. Well, guess what, I'm not on the voter list. In fact I work hard to stay off it, due to privacy concerns, I have related anecdotes if you are interested. Does that make it illegal for me to vote? No. That means I have to sign a bunch of forms at the polling stations.

On top of that, there are no allegations that these scrutineers belonged to the NDP party (at least not in this article), just that they were members of the Tamil community. But hey, don't let a lack of evidence get in the way of your finger pointing.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Widespread? Oh, of course. That explains why the NDP swept Toronto.

And "actually fraud?" I believe the word "alleged" was somewhere in the article.