Taking HST off home heating not a ‘smart’ idea: McGuinty

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
$$$$

Taking the provincial portion of the HST off home heating is not a “smart” or “strategic” idea, according to Premier Dalton McGuinty.
Speaking in Brampton Wednesday morning, McGuinty said he’d rather the New Democrats and the Progressive Conservatives joined the Liberals in supporting a new home renovation tax credit.

I have a different choice,” he told reporters after he toured Savaria, a manufacturer of mobility products.

more BS here:

Canada News: Taking HST off home heating not a

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
What a jackass, that statement really isn't surprising though. I hope the cons & NDP can pass this private members bill.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You do realize that taking off the HST on this will only reinforce another tax (hint: carbon tax) later?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
They show it on our bills and then credit it back. Waste of good ink.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
$$$$

Taking the provincial portion of the HST off home heating is not a “smart” or “strategic” idea, according to Premier Dalton McGuinty.
Speaking in Brampton Wednesday morning, McGuinty said he’d rather the New Democrats and the Progressive Conservatives joined the Liberals in supporting a new home renovation tax credit.

I have a different choice,” he told reporters after he toured Savaria, a manufacturer of mobility products.

more BS here:

Canada News: Taking HST off home heating not a

Of course McSquinty has a different choice he would prefer using. He would rather lube us all up and continue ****ing us all some more. Oh wait. I forgot. Lube is too expensive and he would have to tax us for it.:roll:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
What part of "creating jobs" is everyone having difficulty with? I read the link, and he's correct.

Hudak made the point that less than one in three voted for McG. He should be quiet, as obviously, a lot less than one in three voted for him as well.

I watched a news doc (propaganda) the other night where Whodat and another con were touring a factory made possible by Liberal Provincial Grants. They were gladhanding the workies and spreading their bull**** around liberally (sorry, can't resist a pun), as if they themselves had something to do with the place.

Whodat said before the last erection that grants would be abolished. Way to go, genius. One less widget producer producing in Ontario.

Whodat is another dangerous ideologically driven con who would gut health care, education, social programs, just as his mentor, Harrass tried to do. Does no one remember these idiots from the days of jackboots and clubs. Figuratively speaking. C'mon.

The reason he is dangerous is because he is STUPID !! Stupid people with power are dangerous. Remember that, kiddies. Think Shrub Bush. DANGEROUS !!

He did not put forward one positive idea during the last erection. Not one.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhh, fukk it!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
This isn't the first time that McGuinty has said that he will be able to create jobs. He also promised the two other times he was given the position. It hasn't worked out the first two times(Ontario is in a pretty crappy position right now), and I honestly don't have ANY confindence(or believe anything that comes out of his mouth) in him creating any viable amounts of new jobs.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
How does that help those who rent?

I used to rent and not all rental units have Utilities included, in fact most these days don't.

You do realize that taking off the HST on this will only reinforce another tax (hint: carbon tax) later?

If McGuinty had won a majority that particular knife would have already been inserted into taxpayers backs.