Canadian Defense

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
So how's the PM doing at shifting the bull**** promise of spending $36 billion on useless jet fighters... the kind where now that I am doing business with Russians saying from after-work drinks that they want to do business with Canada and not attack, that for the same money we can have more than 1500 drones built by Bombardier patrolling for illegal immigrants, controlled by Canadians smart enough to sit in easy chairs piloting them.

Just so you know, Americans who have *not* been spending their money on knightly aircraft rather on drones to get the job done have said the guys working those drones come home feeling a bit disorientated.

Psychologists say the drones need to feed back gravitational information to the drivers in the easy chairs, so the first guys to get on board with something to make the drone-drivers feel less sick after shift will get paid for results.

What gets me is this: Ever been to Disney Land and done that ride in that Star Wars thing that tilts back to make you feel like you're accelerating, etc?

I don't get it.

They have the technology to enable their drone operators to feel like they are where what they are doing, and they don't use it.

Remember all those stories they told you about the nuclear power of Russia in order to keep the Military Industrial Complex going?

Did you know that actually the reason Gorbachev was able to say they had better control of their nukes than the US was because they had only one functional rocket-deliverable nuke? But from that fear all the wrong people in the US made money like Eisenhower tried to warn.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
""""So how's the PM doing at shifting the bull**** promise of spending $36 billion on useless jet fighters... the kind where now that I am doing business with Russians saying from after-work drinks that they want to do business with Canada and not attack,"""

The more better defense more we have the more and more after-work drinks they will want to have, and do business, and not attack?? eh.:shock:

A lot to be said for good vodka..............and good defense. I dunno squat about jets. They say these are way overpriced, and the engines don't come with them at the quoted price. Not tooooooo good a deal perhaps.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So how's the PM doing at shifting the bull**** promise of spending $36 billion on useless jet fighters... the kind where now that I am doing business with Russians saying from after-work drinks that they want to do business with Canada and not attack, that for the same money we can have more than 1500 drones built by Bombardier patrolling for illegal immigrants, controlled by Canadians smart enough to sit in easy chairs piloting them.

We already had this discussion in another thread Omicron.

You wanted to use blimps instead of new fighter jets remember? You informed us all that blimps were just like submarines that fly... remember?

Psychologists say the drones need to feed back gravitational information to the drivers in the easy chairs, so the first guys to get on board with something to make the drone-drivers feel less sick after shift will get paid for results.

What gets me is this: Ever been to Disney Land and done that ride in that Star Wars thing that tilts back to make you feel like you're accelerating, etc?

I don't get it.

You sure don't.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm assuming that's a rhetorical question.
Oh it was. Omnicronic has a habit of posting while well under the influence.

It's funny as hell. You have no idea how many times, I've almost wet myself reading his posts.

How in the heck did I miss that gem of a thread?
It died out long before you showed up.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Oh it was. Omnicronic has a habit of posting while well under the influence.

Yes I've gathered that.

It's funny as hell. You have no idea how many times, I've almost wet myself reading his posts.

If I'm not mistaken I think my own personal record for most thumbs up on a single post was on one of his threads, lol. You know me, I'm a sucker for good material. ;)

It died out long before you showed up.

I'm sure there will be more.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The fact that I find you stimulating on a few levels, aside. I just can't take aim at you like I can with others.

Well I'll, ahem, leave stimulating by the side for a moment and just invite you to enjoy my company in a plucky, comic relief kind of way, lol

Damn your sanity!!!

lol

There's different kinds of crazy you know.