The member representing Brampton Ontario

The member representing Quebec City

The member representing Markham Ontario

The member representing Scarborough West

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well, Brian Topp is in. I expected him to give it a go. I'm surprised Mulcair hasnt announced yet. I wonder if March meets his schedule which he was so particular about. I doubt I'll vote for Mulcair.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm not a card-carrying member of the NDP myself, so it's really none of my business. If the NDP wants my vote, all it has to do is run a quality candidate in my local riding.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Is there anyone in the country who can continue Layton's momentum or is the N.D.P. eventually going to drop back to 35 seats?

I'm not a card-carrying member of the NDP myself, so it's really none of my business. If the NDP wants my vote, all it has to do is run a quality candidate in my local riding.

You deserve credit for that, I doubt if there is a political party in the country that warrants card carrying members! :smile:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
We'll find out that answer in a few years. Its way to early to say yes or no. Harper isnt exactly Mr Charisma but got himself 3 governments, and no one expected Layton to succeed the way he did. In order to drop down to 35 seats again they'd have to lose seats to someone, in Quebec that would either be to another sovereignty party of some form or the Liberals-assuming the Liberals can make a comeback. Way too soon to say for sure if that will happen or not. The Conservatives are not likely going to take Quebec.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We'll find out that answer in a few years. Its way to early to say yes or no. Harper isnt exactly Mr Charisma but got himself 3 governments, and no one expected Layton to succeed the way he did. In order to drop down to 35 seats again they'd have to lose seats to someone, in Quebec that would either be to another sovereignty party of some form or the Liberals-assuming the Liberals can make a comeback. Way too soon to say for sure if that will happen or not. The Conservatives are not likely going to take Quebec.
Harper would have to do some serious French kissing of French ass to ever make headway in Quebec. The French are a passionate lot and Harper is about as passionate as a wet dish rag.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Harper would have to do some serious French kissing of French ass to ever make headway in Quebec. The French are a passionate lot and Harper is about as passionate as a wet dish rag.

Maybe that speaks well for Harper. :smile:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

They're also passionate about hating conservatism.