Barry Penner stepping down from B.C. politics

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think that may be the coup de grace for Christy Clarks's Liberal Party. He's been solid and a straight shooter!

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
He's my MLA and i think he's a little overrated.. in the Environment ministry he tacked on a huge surtax to gasoline to stem AGW, which everyone should know is a big fraud. I wrote him about it, but he didn't have the courtesy to write back to his constituent. He seems pretty adept at self promotion.. i'm a little less impressed with the substance.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He's my MLA and i think he's a little overrated.. in the Environment ministry he tacked on a huge surtax to gasoline to stem AGW, which everyone should know is a big fraud. I wrote him about it, but he didn't have the courtesy to write back to his constituent. He seems pretty adept at self promotion.. i'm a little less impressed with the substance.

Well, there is an opinion that may be more valid than mine. However the man does come across to me as genuine, but the politician may be influenced by other forces (Gordon Campbell & Chrusty Clark)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
He's my MLA and i think he's a little overrated.. in the Environment ministry he tacked on a huge surtax to gasoline to stem AGW, which everyone should know is a big fraud.

Well AGW is true, but the measures some governments are taking could be exaggerated.