CBC’s nepotism and arrogance

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Great piece by Brian.

CBC, unwilling to follow court orders and the law when it comes to access to information, but willing to spill details to angry emailers, that’s the topic of tonight’s Byline.

Last night we told you about the cozy, economically beneficial relationship between CBC and much of the consensus media.
They don’t report critically on this $1.1 billion government department because being nice to the state broadcaster is good for business.
We’ve also told you about CBC refusing to release details on how they spend that $1.1 billion that they get from you and I.

more...

CBC’s nepotism and Hubert Lacroix’s weird emails « Lilley

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You've created 3 CBC threads in the last 24 hours already.

Can we amalgamate all the hate into one thread?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
OK, I gave you a minute to edit that, in hopes you might catch your own hypocrisy and edit before I found it...

You've created 3 CBC threads in the last 24 hours already.

Can we amalgamate all the hate into one thread?

Ahhh man, you make this so easy.

I love how this thread about the lefts darling, the CBC, not relinquishing documentation about how it spends our money, is a hate thread.

Thanks again for proving your own hypocrisy, for me...

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Is it okay to have 3 separate Fox or Sun TV threads then?

By the way, that was another condescending post. The smilies are always a classy touch.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Is it okay to have 3 separate Fox or Sun TV threads then?
I really don't care. But the number thereof, really wasn't the gist of my post, was it?

By the way, that was another condescending post.
You earned it.
The smilies are always a classy touch.
Thanx. As bellicose as I am, I do like to be classy about it.

By the way, your post did actually make me laugh out loud.

But it's ok for steve and his lackys to blow millions and refuse to give any details,right ?
Depends on what he's blowing the millions on.

I was not very happy about Clements riding getting a 50 million dollar make over. I don't care who was coming to dinner.

I'm no fan of the F 35 deal, but we do need new jets.

The money wasted on fake lakes within a stones throw of Lake Ontario was another dumb one.

I can go if you like.

Why should the CBC held to a lower standard than other gov't agencies, closer to the PMO?

Why is this hate speech?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I really don't care. But the number thereof, really wasn't the gist of my post, was it?

I usually try to post content of the same ilk (or type) within the same thread. It keeps the forum clean and maintains the discussion. This could definitely have been posted under "What to do about CBC."

You might have thought that this was an attempt from me to defend CBC.

I'm sorry if you interpreted it as such.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I usually try to post content of the same ilk (or type) within the same thread. It keeps the forum clean and maintains the discussion. This could definitely have been posted under "What to do about CBC."
Still nothing to do with the content of my post.

You might have thought that this was an attempt from me to defend CBC.
Nope. Just another example of your hypocrisy.
I'm sorry if you interpreted it as such.
No you aren't. But thanks for the hollow attempt.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
What court orders are CBC ignoring? A few links would help...I would think a journalist would understand blogging better...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What court orders are CBC ignoring? A few links would help...I would think a journalist would understand blogging better...
I can't find any either.

Me thinks Lilley may be erroneously taking some artistic license and using a general reference to the courts position on freedom of information rulings.

Regardless, I think the statement is inflammatory and as you put it the other day, fallacious.

But the you have to admit, the CBC has some chutzpa deny access to their spending when they've been on the other side of that coin.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Brian Lilley & Rick McGinnis - New Accusations Against The CBC! - YouTube

1:25 mark...I'll leave it to you sleuthing types, doubters, cynics and such to search CPAC vids or what have you. I don't care that much to hunt the original source tape/transcipts/dna sequencing down for y'alls. I'm watching an Uncle Bobby marathon.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfmOoy0aEQE

1:25 mark...I'll leave it to you sleuthing types, doubters, cynics and such to search CPAC vids or what have you. I don't care that much to hunt the original source tape/transcipts/dna sequencing down for y'alls.
That was at the Standing Committee on the Access to information.

And I still can't find anything before the courts dude.

You know i want to though bru!

I'm watching an Uncle Bobby marathon.

Ummm, ya, I'm going to leave that one alone.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There's that mock the messenger, ignore the content thingy again...

Got about 1 minute through before I wanted to heave.

I'm sure this is supposed to be off the cuff, but the guy's got no charisma. Maybe if he was infused with some of Levant's douchiness, he might have a fighting chance.
And that has what to do with the CBC refusing to disclose how are money is being allocated?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
There's that mock the messenger, ignore the content thingy again...

And that has what to do with the CBC refusing to disclose how are money is being allocated?

Nothing. I was too overwhelmed by crotchety sarcasm to pay much attention.

Is that... is that Curry in your userpic?