What to do about the CBC?

How should we deal with the CBC, in your order of preference as per the OP?

• 1, 2, and 3.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 1, 3, and 2.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2, 1, and 3.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 2, 3, and 1.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3, 1, and 2.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3, 2, and 1.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other option.

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
How do you think we ought to deal with the CBC in order of preference?

1. cut funding
2. redirect funding towards educational broadcasting only (possibly to teach Canada's official languages, possibly along the lines of broadcasting and an internet presence in VOA Special English, Ogden's Basic English, or français fondamental for example), and
3. leave it as is.

I voted 2, 1, and 3, though I could almost just as easily have voted 1, 2, and 3.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Sell it to Sun News Media for $1.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
At this point, it's like I'm doing the work for the astroturfers so I guess they got to me..

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Why do anything at all? Get rid of the CBC and it is highly possible Canada would end up with the same crap service you get in the USA (PBS excepted).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The CBC is turning a good dollar after buying into Sirius Sattelite and they get donations from around the globe by Public Radio listeners through syndication of excellent program like Q and Definetly Not The Opera. They made good money broadcating CFL and NHL. Now the Toronto Sports Network (TSN) couldn't cover a kid's game if their lives depended on it. That was a total bowel movement. Who ever came up with that idea should be forced to stare at a Jock Climie poster for the rest of thei lives. That is one ugly mofo with bland commentary. Not to mention the production staff was probably hired from a cable community access channel

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I only got one talk radio station where I exist, it is the CBC, they will all stand trial some day for treason and aiding in war crimes. I was a quite devoted listener at one time. Now I just want to see them all hanged and left for carrion as examples of what happens to bank flunkies. All morning I listened to crap, gay restronteurs in some ****ty town in Iowa and rubbish about Syria and Lybia from gutless mouthpieces of the NWO.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I only got one talk radio station where I exist, it is the CBC, they will all stand trial some day for treason and aiding in war crimes. I was a quite devoted listener at one time. Now I just want to see them all hanged and left for carrion as examples of what happens to bank flunkies. All morning I listened to crap, gay restronteurs in some ****ty town in Iowa and rubbish about Syria and Lybia from gutless mouthpieces of the NWO.

NWO?

Niggers Without Opposition?

I voted other because I believe the CBC still is relevant but you just have to afford them the same courtesy as any media outlet.