Longest undefended border in the world?

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Not for long!

The U.S. is beefing up security along its Canadian border with a fleet of unmanned and unarmed Predator B drone aircrafts, whose highly sophisticated cameras and sensors can see a cigarette from 8km away.

For many years, the U.S. and Canada have shared the longest undefended border in the world. But that's all about to change. The U.S. is creating a fleet of unarmed and unmanned Predator B drone aircrafts worth about $10 million each, the first of which are already in the air.

Longest undefended border in the world? Not for long | Sympatico.ca News

This is going over like a lead balloon with many people. It means they will be able to see 8km away including into Canada, unacceptable.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Your article seems happy about it....

"Provided that the U.S. doesn't take any liberties and, in fact, does communicate with Canada, the drones can be seen as a positive addition to our border. What's more, they are a technologically advantageous alternative to a potentially costlier, coast-to-coast, obtrusive, armed, and heavily patrolled border.

If all goes well, they will help develop a cohesive and effective cross border strategy that will thwart smuggling and boost Canadian security."

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is going over like a lead balloon with many people. It means they will be able to see 8km away including into Canada, unacceptable.

So should us Yanks be limited to traveling only 7Kms into Canada? You wouldn't want us seeing what you guys have at 8Kms now would you?

Good grief Charlie Brown.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
They're studying our job demographics so they know where to send the US immigrants coming here to fill our vacancies.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
So should us Yanks be limited to traveling only 7Kms into Canada? You wouldn't want us seeing what you guys have at 8Kms now would you?

Good grief Charlie Brown.
Look I have no problem if they keep them 8km inside the US border and watch their side only.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
What good is that? We want to spy.
Do you really want to know how much American technology we have??? You know we subsidize the easterners to compete against you using your technology,,,eeerrrr let's just keep this info between us on this forum ,,,eh !!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Look I have no problem if they keep them 8km inside the US border and watch their side only.

What exactly are they going to see that you have an issue with?

If it weren't for the fact that our militaries train together and we regularly have US police and army personnel working/training alongside our men on our own soil (so they already know everything that's here), then I might understand. But, as it is, we are friends, and allies, and I fail to see what you have an issue with them seeing.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all I do not approve of giving any country access to our air space, except for
commercial flights that travel both ways. I also do not approve of police from another
country having the ability to stop traffic in Canada under any circumstances.
I am not anti American I have too many relatives for that, but we are two separate
nations, and we want to keep it that way. That is not to say that the two countries should
not cooperate with one another in serious situations or emergencies. I do think firemen
and rescue personnel should cross the boarder to assist. If America stays on their side
of the boarder with their drones that is there business if they cross the boarder that is our
business.