Ontario Liberals Launch Positive, Non-Attack Ads for 2011 Provinicial Election

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Well this is a bit refreshing, and a stark contrast from the constant barrage of conservative bark ads. Can't say it's a ringing endorsement from myself for the Libs, but hopefully this becomes a trend where all parties focus on their strengths and achievements rather than simply slandering their opponents.

YouTube - ‪By the Numbers‬‏

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Not bad. Doesn't mean I won't take the chance to grill my candidates this election, but at least this gives me a more positive impression of the Liberal Party of Ontario.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Actually, I'd like the adds to be more educational. For instance, if the party supports policy X, that the add explains briefly why it supports it and thinks it's a good idea, and then refers the viewer to a URL for further details. Again, without attacking anyone though.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Actually, I'd like the adds to be more educational. For instance, if the party supports policy X, that the add explains briefly why it supports it and thinks it's a good idea, and then refers the viewer to a URL for further details. Again, without attacking anyone though.

I agree, but don't get your hopes up, hehe.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
What drivel. That's all they've got to show for 8 years.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

And here we are with the negative view, right on schedule.

So, Walter, why not put your brain in gear. Post some information on what your favorite party has to offer, with the advantages of those policies?

I'm not an Ontarian, and I don't care about the election. But, Walter obviously does care, so he must be able to provide a positive viewpoint on what a party has to offer.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Hey, at least it's not a cheap attack add. Sure I'm holding low standards here, butjudging from the quality of political campaigns in the last few years, I'll appreciate any kind of improvement that comes our way at this point.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
If you vote anyone but the Liberals in the next provincial election you wont get anther four years of this:

Postitive enough for you?
:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
If you vote anyone but the Liberals in the next provincial election you wont get anther four years of this:

Postitive enough for you?
:

Hmm.. Yea, that whole tax thing pissed quite a few people off.

Didn't really turn out so bad though, did it?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Has crime even been an issue in the run up to the election? Everything I have read/seen is the economy and McGuinty's love of our wallets.

McGuinty's the evil taxman, which means the most ancient conservatives are really raising a stink.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Hmm.. Yea, that whole tax thing pissed quite a few people off.

Didn't really turn out so bad though, did it?

Really? Killed the Reno business, created an underground economy. Almost caused a tax revolt when they tried to sneak that other enviromental tax in under the wire. How bout Caledonia and the lawsuits we had to pay because of the inaction of the McGuinty Government while locals were harassed bullied and even beaten as the OPP looked on? Then there was that first medicare tax. But in his second term he really meant it this time and then handed us the electronics landfill tax that got absolutely no coverage.

Fibber McGuinty is done like a Dogs Dinner and he knows it.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
So did GST....

For Points Two and on see Mike Harris and his Common Sense Revolution (up to and including OPP head-bashing civil servants on the steps of the Legislature, Ipperwash and Adams Mine)

...or Rae's collision with reality before him

...or...just f'rinstance

Same tale - different donkey

Last edited: