Canadian Citizenship Rights To Change Under Harper

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Citizenship gone if Canadians fight against country’s soldiers, Tory convention to propose

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/citizenship-gone-if-canadians-fight-against-countrys-soldiers-tory-convention-to-propose/article2040793

And it begins protesting will be more harder to participate in because the military will be required to attend and any Canadian citizen if arrested will be deported.

In the coming weeks the Tory hidden agendas will surface and the new government will emerge.

Freedom of expression will be the first casualties.

It happened in Germany in the 1930s and it will happen here.

The Canadian version of the Patriot Act will take away the rest of the rights that Canadians enjoy.

This is just the beginning of a four-year reign.

Is this fear mongering I hope so and I hope I am proven wrong

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Citizenship gone if Canadians fight against country’s soldiers, Tory convention to propose

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/citizenship-gone-if-canadians-fight-against-countrys-soldiers-tory-convention-to-propose/article2040793

And it begins protesting will be more harder to participate in because the military will be required to attend and any Canadian citizen if arrested will be deported.

In the coming weeks the Tory hidden agendas will surface and the new government will emerge.

The Canadian version of the Patriot Act will take away the rest of the rights that Canadians enjoy.

ooohhh scary.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
OK. First off, its a proposal put forth for the Conservatives policy convention, not something Harper, for all he likes to eat babies, kittens and puppies, has come out and said he wants. He doesn't set the agenda, the party members submit ideas and they discuss then decide whether to support or not.

Second, this has not even passed the discussion stage within the Conservative party.

Third, the PM is NOT OBLIGATED to make this become governmental policy even if the policy convention decides to adopt it.

Fourth, I don't have an issue with pukes like Omar Khadr losing their citizenship: with the violent activism engaged in by the entire Khadr family, I am amazed they were eligible for Canadian citizenship in the first place. That speaks to me, of a failing in the system that Papa Khadr was allowed here at all.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Good, we really need some changes to our immigration system, the Libs really screwed it up when they were in power, now we will finally be able to get it corrected .

From Immigrationreform.ca

Did you know?

1. Immigration increases the size of Canada’s population and economy but does not improve Canadians' standard of living.

2.* It is estimated that recent immigrants receive billions of dollars a year more in benefits than they pay in taxes.

3. Only 17% of immigrants admitted each year are fully assessed on the basis of their employment and language skills.

4. While the average age of Canadians is increasing and the proportion of seniors will almost double in the next few decades, immigration will do very little to offset this trend despite the widely held belief that it will do so.*

5.* There are more than 100,000 parents and grandparents of immigrants who have met requirements and are waiting to enter Canada. They will receive the benefits of our public health care system without having contributed to costs by paying income tax.

6. Most of the quarter of a million people who immigrate to Canada every year are not interviewed by a visa officer to determine if they are well-suited to integrate into Canadian society and its economy.

7. Far more Canadians want immigration levels lowered rather than increased. Despite this, and the lack of economic or demographic benefits to Canadians, we maintain the highest per capita intake in the world.

8. In terms of Canadians’ attitude towards a multicultural mosaic, a 2007 survey indicated that 18%* thought that it is reasonable to accommodate religious and cultural minorities while 53% thought immigrants should adapt fully to Canadian culture.

9. The number of visible minority neighbourhoods in Canada’s three largest cities increased from six in 1981 to 254 in 2001.

10. Canada’s acceptance rate for refugee claimants is three times the average of other countries, suggesting that two-thirds of those accepted would probably not be considered genuine refugees by other countries.

11. In 2003 Canada accepted 76% of refugee claims by Sri Lankans while Britain accepted 2% and Germany 4%. That year Canada accepted 1,749 refugee claims by Sri Lankans while all the other countries together accepted only 1,160.

12. Canada, uniquely among nations, allows nationals of many democratic countries with good human rights records to make refugee claims in Canada on the basis that they fear persecution in their homelands.

13.* As cities have increased in population, largely because of international immigration, urban expansion has devoured a large amount of Canada’s best,*Class 1, *agricultural land, consuming 7,400 kilometers between 1971 and 2001 and occupying 7%* of the total during this period.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

It really helps someone's credibility if they take the time to read the entire article. Yes, there are proposals on the table for the convention, but that is all they are at this time - proposals - get the story straight. Mr Harper is not bound to accept any or all of the proposals. In fact, the entire convention must vote them through before they are even put to the government.

Stating that we will see soldiers on the streets during protests is as you state, simple fear mongering - nothing more.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Stating that we will see soldiers on the streets during protests is as you state, simple fear mongering - nothing more.

A Liberal sees this as a real possibility, especially when they consider that Trudeau did it.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The absurdity to which this forum will sink sometimes is beyond belief. When I come here it's like I'm entering some kind of surrealist sanatorium.

The Conservative party might give the Prime Minister a non-binding recommendation that he change citizenship law to allow the government to strip the citizenship of citizens found fighting against Canadian forces (which under the law already constitutes high treason) - and suddenly a slough of nonsensical accusations comes out:

Stephen Harper will put soldiers in the streets
No more free expression
This is like Germany in the 1930

You've got to be ****ing kidding me. What the hell is wrong with you people? And am I hallucinating or does Liberalman use a picture of Trudeau as his avatar while fear mongering about soldiers in the streets? What kind of medication do you have to be on for that level of cognitive dissonance?

This doesn't bother me that much. It's already the law in other free democracies and has been for years and those countries aren't Nazi Germany yet as Liberalman implies Canada will become. In principle, it makes sense that one could lose their citizenship if they, in effect, wage war on their country. The problem is what happens to citizens who have lost their citizenship when they get out of prison (assuming they ever do)? Where do they go? Do they become stateless?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
You've got to be ****ing kidding me. What the hell is wrong with you people? And am I hallucinating or does Liberalman use a picture of Trudeau as his avatar while fear mongering about soldiers in the streets? What kind of medication do you have to be on for that level of cognitive dissonance?
The same thing that lets you worship Trudeau while being rabidly homophobic, I suppose
The problem is what happens to citizens who have lost their citizenship when they get out of prison (assuming they ever do)? Where do they go? Do they become stateless?
That's more or less my question - what happens to natural born citizens who lose their citizenship? Or does this measure not apply to those born here?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You know, the NDP is going be in the Official Opposition for a very long time if The Liberals and their supporters don't abandon the secret agenda malarky and come to the realization that Canadians just aren't that stupid.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Don't be ridiculous.

To take up arms against your nation's soldiers does not mean to engage in peaceful protest within the country, or even in not-so-peaceful protest.

The only Canadian PM in recent memory to put soldiers on the street under an authoritarian law was your hero, PET.

Personally, I think if you take up arms against your nation you should keep your citizenship...........

so you can be tried for treason and, if convicted, publically hanged.

A wonderful and just solution for such problems as the violent members of the FLQ of 1970, and the Khadrs of today.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I think if you take up arms against your nation you should keep your citizenship...........

Shouldn't you be lose your citizenship after the conviction and not before?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Shouldn't you be lose your citizenship after the conviction and not before?

Oh, I don't think they should lose their citizenship at all............you really can't try a non-citizen for treason.

I'm quite happy for them to be Canadians as they are hanged......

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That would seem to fly in the face of our original constitutional rights, that would mean anybody supporting that bill is guilty of treason and they should be the first (and only) ones to be deported. Using Troops for domestic chores comes legal only under Martial Law, it would seem to have been declared (secretly) in order to have that happen in the first place. BTW deported to where? They better not make the destination too nice or that will create a 'flood' of people all by itself. All aboard .........

Treason can also be committed against the people of the country by the 'elected people', who is going to pounce on them should they cross the line. The Politicians in Egypt used the Military and right now some are being charged by that same Military for crimes against their own citizens.
Somewhere in that 'deal' it should allow Foreign Troops' (the US or Mexico at present but our partnership with the IDF could have them acting as 'advisers' and their solution is open fire first and **** the questions of the legality, after all who is going to 'complain' and who would they complain to?the right to be on our soil with weapons locked and loaded and pointed at the citizens should they challenge their 'elected employees'.

The US citizens have the right to fire a 'non-responsive Government', I would have to assume we are under the same obligation as that mean we are not defending our home so our children enjoy the same 'freedoms' we have had so far. Be sure to turn yourself in Colpy as you really could be a enemy of the State.