A$$Holes who drive at maximum speed and tailgate in winter driving conditions

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yesterday, north of Vernon (and probably dozens of other places across the country) there was a fatal accident where two died, where tailgating was a contributing factor. Almost without exception when I drive somewhere there is an A$$hole right up my tail pipe, like just before Xmas in dense fog on icy surface before daylight. What do you do? Pack a club, stop get out, smash the guy's head lights to get his attention? Maybe more law enforcement- first offense $1000 fine and 6 months driving ban, second offense 30 days in jail, $3000 fine and 3 year driving ban? I bet that would put a stop to it. Too many innocent people are dying.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
people think that they are great drivers and don't need to follow safety rules.

especially people in big trucks F-150s 250's.. they figure "oh I have a TRUCK, I won't wipe out!"

WRONG!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
You are right, I see and experience this everyday. There are all kinds of people out there
that think they have all wheel drive and summer or winter means no difference.
I think the police should target them like they do phone use and speed limit infractions.
Don't make a big deal about it, just start pulling people over and make the fines stiff, and
progressive for repeat offenders. In about a month announce the number of people they
have ticketed and then announce these fools are on a permanent target list.
The time has come to crack down on a vary dangerous practice. The pocketbook is
the place to make the statement of what it will cost you. It should be noted, driving is a
privilege it is not a right

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

especially people in big trucks F-150s 250's.. they figure "oh I have a TRUCK, I won't wipe out!"

WRONG!

I see offenders driving all types of vehicles, often as not little "p*sspots".

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Agree with all of you Idiots will be idiots. They should be obliged to drive around with a neon sign flashing on the roof of their vehicle saying "Beware I am a dangerous idiot".

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Oh get out of the way already! :p

Get the car winterized and learn how to handle inclement weather. No one should follow so close they can't stop before hitting the car in front of them. As well, if you feel that there is no way that you can stop your car going 40 kph in the six blocks between you and the next light, please use the bus.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
But i have all season tires,I can go as fast as i want, too many people think that all the groovy bells and whistles can compensate for the lack of skill{and common sence}.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But i have all season tires,I can go as fast as i want, too many people think that all the groovy bells and whistles can compensate for the lack of skill{and common sence}.

Yeah, until you are dead or sadder yet someone else is. There's no compensating -safe driving depends on intelligent driver and properly equipped vehicle and sometimes just enough common sense to stay home. :smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

On the flip side of that statement, I've also seen the people who think that they possess enough skill to now be 'safe'. They get a false sense of security in their abilities.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

WRONG!

You can always tell which vehicles are 4x4. They are the ones that come to rest farthest from the pavement.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
You can always tell which vehicles are 4x4. They are the ones that come to rest farthest from the pavement.

Parking is tricky too!