What is your biggest annoyance?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Re:

What is your biggest annoyance?
People who have such a piss poor grasp of history that they'll believe anything wrapped up all pretty like and spoon fed them by some asshat in a tweed coat.

So long as it supports their ideology that is,

On the flip side, people who know something about history, but for the sake of not offending anyone, will brush it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist.

Reactions: petros

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Usually, it's threads like this because they ultimately move in the wrong direction. I assume you are asking about one's biggest annoyance out in the real world. I think it will be taken as "what is your biggest annoyance here on these pages" and then a big donnybrook will start.

Reactions: petros

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Usually, it's threads like this because they ultimately move in the wrong direction. I assume you are asking about one's biggest annoyance out in the real world. I think it will be taken as "what is your biggest annoyance here on these pages" and then a big donnybrook will start.
Actually VI, what I said applies in both places. Further to that, I'll try and avoid any donnybrook'ing, lol.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
In no particular order:

Arrogant and/or stupid drivers
Bad parents
Abuse of authority
Line ups - for anything
The insane price of getting a haircut
Getting caught believing a TV infomercial and actually buying the product only to discover you've been had. And you knew it going in - but you fell for it anyway.
Spam callers - especially on my cell!! grrrr....

.... that's just for starters - maybe we better get a gratitude thread going somewhere to balance out all the negative energy that's gonna pile up in this thread lollll

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Re:

People who have such a piss poor grasp of history that they'll believe anything wrapped up all pretty like and spoon fed them by some asshat in a tweed coat.

On the flip side, people who know something about history, but for the sake of not offending anyone, will brush it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist.

This is why I love you, man :smile:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
People who think their version of the truth is the only one. When I grew up in Quebec, there were three public school systems - English & French Catholic and Protestant. In each system they taught a different version of history. The French said the Algonquin people were the good guys, the Protestant said the Mohawk were. That was just for starters. I forget what the English Catholics taught (I was lucky enough to escape that system in grade 8 8)). So I have come to understand that the truth is relative to the beholder and that history is just his story. Facts can be manipulated to suit anyone's point of view. In fact, most facts are relative.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Telus is at the top of my list right now.

We were left without phone service for 37 hours over the weekend.

When trying to report the outage, we were put on hold for over 18 minutes and then the person on the other end of the line couldn't tell us why the lines were out, when they might be fixed or who we might talk to that did know.

We do not have cell phone service in our area, thanks again to Telus - who refuse to upgrade equipment because it would cost them money - so we had to drive over 50k to report the outage.

Again today, the lines were out for an hour and a half - no notice, nothing, just incessant buzzing when you picked up the phone.

Frickin' Telus - top of my hate list.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re:

I hear you Bear. I could probably list one every day for a month, but I'll just mention a very few for now- got to watch my blood pressure.
People who know so much that they are incapable of further learning, yet will continuously ram misinformation down people's throats.
People who make decisions that cost me money.
People who when you've stopped to talk to them in a public place like in the grocery store as soon as they see someone else they know just turn tail and beetle off to see them without so much as a good-bye. (There is nothing wrong with acknowledging them and letting them know you'll be with them in a minute)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Re:

I hear you Bear. I could probably list one every day for a month, but I'll just mention a very few for now- got to watch my blood pressure.
People who know so much that they are incapable of further learning, yet will continuously ram misinformation down people's throats.
People who make decisions that cost me money.
People who when you've stopped to talk to them in a public place like in the grocery store as soon as they see someone else they know just turn tail and beetle off to see them without so much as a good-bye. (There is nothing wrong with acknowledging them and letting them know you'll be with them in a minute)

Those that are constant complainers - bitchin, whining, moaning, crying pains in the ass. Everything and everyone is against them. You hear of every ache, pain and whatever. Depressing people that should get a life.

My 1st posting was Petawawa - We had a CSM, Company Sergeant Major, Gordy Grant - Tough man - but he looked after the troops.

He explained his philosophy on bxtchers -

He stated - You are cold , wet, tired and hungry - You do not need someone telling you that - You are smart enough to know it.

Loved that way he put it and I use it to this day.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re:

Those that are constant complainers - bitchin, whining, moaning, crying pains in the ass.

My sister's boss had a habit of saying "I just want to see the "baby", I don't want to hear about the "labour pains". I thought that was a good way of putting it. :smile:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Homos with meat.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Re:

My sister's boss had a habit of saying "I just want to see the "baby", I don't want to hear about the "labour pains". I thought that was a good way of putting it. :smile:
Yes I like that and will of course use it.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I made arrangements to meet someone to purchase something off kijiji - drove downtown to pick it up, no one was there, no answer on their cell, no email to let me know they had changed their mind or couldn't make it... so today, inconsiderate people just took the top spot on my list of things that annoy me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I made arrangements to meet someone to purchase something off kijiji - drove downtown to pick it up, no one was there, no answer on their cell, no email to let me know they had changed their mind or couldn't make it... so today, inconsiderate people just took the top spot on my list of things that annoy me.

Yep, many is the time I've stayed home all day waiting for someone who is supposed to be coming for whatever reason. NOw I've learned to say "if you come at X hour I will be here".

Last edited: