Are Canadians friendly?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How does Canada and Canadians stack up against other people in terms of friendliness? Are we adversarial or judgmental? Do we discriminate more or less than other political groups? Or do we consider ourselves a "cut above" our American and Mexican neighbours? What is our reputation on the world scene?

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Isn't that for non Canadians to decide? You really should post this topic on a forum mostly populated by non Canadians.

I think you have a point, but at the same time perhaps some Canadians have received "feedback" from non Canadians. Also it probably doesn't hurt to take a close look at ourselves. Do we accept inperfections in strangers the same as we do we our friends and people we like? There are a few people from other countries on this forum so maybe they will speak up.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Quite probably, we are as intolerant, bigoted and narcissistic as anybody else, just a little more politically correct about it.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What a stupid, moronic, typically goddamned Canadian question to ask.

Christ, what a bunch of morons we all are, of course we're ****ing polite, and god damned friendly, too. Jesus, you piss me off with these stupid questions.

Have a nice day!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What a stupid, moronic, typically goddamned Canadian question to ask.

Christ, what a bunch of morons we all are, of course we're ****ing polite, and god damned friendly, too. Jesus, you piss me off with these stupid questions.

Have a nice day!

I guess the person who said "there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers" was probably thinking of people like you.................:lol::lol:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
We are, compare Canadian rednecks on average to American Rednecks and we are a lot more nicer and tolerant, we just hate free loaders:canada:

actually i wouldnt say nicer, but dont care

On average white Canadian rednecks dont care about who you are, what you look like, and your life story.... All we ask is that you try and be Canadians :canada:

While in america if your not them, your not welcomed....

eyesears

Mar 17, 2010
Ontario
Can we be friendly and arogant as the say time? Because I am happy to meet someone from a different country and I will treat them like royaly, while I remind them how great Canada is ;-)

I think we are an increadably friendly nation and anyone who disagree's can meet me behind the dumpster at recess to discuss it!

EyesEars

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
JLM - what makes us great is that we know we are. Half the world wants to live here. That must say something.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
We are friendly to strangers but we can get pretty ugly when we hide behind a wall of anonominity.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
im honest, the way you see me talk here i talk like this in real life, and honestly people respect that cause i say whats on my mind...

So are you saying that you always say what is on your mind in real life? I should hope not. Saying what is on your mind in real life can sometimes get you into real trouble.

Like you boss telling you "guess what, you are working late tonight" and you know your wife is going to be at home all ready with the anniversary dinner.

Or when the wife asks you, "Do you think I have gained weight?"

Sometimes it is much more diplomatic, much safer to hold your tongue (or even lie) than say what you really think in real life.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Like you boss telling you "guess what, you are working late tonight" and you know your wife is going to be at home all ready with the anniversary dinner.

Yes, the correct response is, 'Sorry, I have personal things I have to do tonight.'

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
How does Canada and Canadians stack up against other people in terms of friendliness? Are we adversarial or judgmental? Do we discriminate more or less than other political groups? Or do we consider ourselves a "cut above" our American and Mexican neighbours? What is our reputation on the world scene?

You ugly bulldog-faced butt-licker. How dare you question our friendliness? For that you deserve to be hanged by the nuts.

What? Do I appear mean to you?