How did you spend the NEW YEAR?

canadian_girl

Nov 25, 2009
Hello,and Happy New Year!!
I need your help again.I'm writing an article about 'how Canadians spend New Year"
Could you tell me something about this?It's really interesting you spend New Year six times..So were there any parties out?I heard something about party in a town hall in Toronto..
I would be very grateful for any information or your pictures
Regards

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I dodged a couple of New Years Party Invitations and went to bed early,
as I knew that not much would be moving on January 1st and the demands
on my time would be minimal....and I enjoyed a quiet night. It was cool and
I feel like a human being on New Years Day. That's rare all by itself!!! :lol::lol:

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Went for a quiet dinner at a neighbor's house, fell asleep watching some DVDs I got for Christmas, went to bed at around 11:00 pm, and that was that. "Quiet" would be the right word, I think. No hangover this morning...

Used to be an entertainer (guitar player) back in the younger days, and spent many a New Year's Eve playing until around 2:00 am and then partying until the sun came up. Whew! I'm glad those days are behind me, although they were fun (at the time).

canadian_girl

Nov 25, 2009
interesting:)
but could you tell me something more about the parties our which took place..maybe some New Year's concerts

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I dodged a couple of New Years Party Invitations and went to bed early,
as I knew that not much would be moving on January 1st and the demands
on my time would be minimal....and I enjoyed a quiet night. It was cool and
I feel like a human being on New Years Day. That's rare all by itself!!! :lol::lol:

In my younger days it was allways party till you puked,now I would rather stay home and like you said,feel human the next day.
Then again you would only get painted if you passed out,now you would get tea-bagged.8O

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I had one eye open to watch CNN at Times Square. Anderson Cooper is a riot. I was asleep before 9:30.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
interesting:)
but could you tell me something more about the parties our which took place..maybe some New Year's concerts

Oh, that would take up too much space...but I can give you a couple of highlights...best gig ever ($$$) was a New Year's Eve dance in a little place called Mariapolis, Manitoba. Did that one 3 years in a row, as I recall...started at 10:00 am and finished up at 2:00 am. And then our party started! Also did a couple of parties/dances in Winnipeg - very wild, very late.

A couple of parties in Edmonton and Toronto were memorable...house parties that turned into "concerts", with fellow musicians (it was just a hobby for me by then) raising the rooftops in the neighborhood.

Even later, while living in Japan, the parties turned a bit more upscale - black tie at the Yokohama Country Club (an Engish-speaking foreigners club)...very posh, and lots of good booze and food. One year (in the mid 90s), 6 of us "ex-pats" got together and did a "Beatles Revival" concert that turned into a real event...we pulled people out of the audience to do singing bits later in the evening, as we were having trouble remembering some of the words. All the musicians came from pro or semi-pro musical backgrounds, so the music actually wasn't bad. By 2:30 am, it actually sounded great! :lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I was supposed to travel to a neighbouring town to play some music with a bunch. BUT, the snow was too snowy, the wind too blowy, black ice to blacky, and my gut feeling said turn around and go home. So I did.

We had cookies and tea, and went to bed erleee.

Youtube & TV

Might be a great year.

or not.8O

Hope (again) it's a happy one fer y'all

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I am feeling a bit under-the-weather so had to miss a Blue Moon New Year's Eve dinner party with friends. They more than made up for that by delivering my dinner and desert to me - what great friends!

I watched Canada beat the US men's Junior Hockey Team. Caught the Ron James NY Eve Special and followed about an hour of the CPAC interview with MacLean's mag. Was in bed before 11. No hang-over just a slight case of sniffles. Happy New Year.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I spent it with my 5 ( will be 6 in 3 weeks ) year old son.. My daughter, who is 18, had gone out to a friend's house.. We did manage to stay up till midnight with my son doing better then I. :)

I was watching Just for Laughs, Air Farce 2009/2010 and then Ron James.. I also plopped in Start Trek XI and it ended just in time to catch the last 15 minutes of the Seattle show and fireworks..

Then it was off to bed at 12:15..

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
found out i ate everything out of one of my buddies fridge:

Block of cheese
Jar of pickles
Left over dinner ( i dont remember what)
Can of beans
And some old spaghetti

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
drunk, and blew a fortune on cabs

i drank a 15 pack of bud to myself and didnt barf...... not bad for someone of m size lol

found out i ate everything out of one of my buddies fridge:

Block of cheese
Jar of pickles
Left over dinner ( i dont remember what)
Can of beans
And some old spaghetti

Wow....Johnnny, you have the potential for a successful small business venture there.

I hate cleaning out my Fridge. I think I have some vintage Caesar Salad and what I
think might be Guacamole dip in there that I just don't want to touch, and would pay
someone a nominal fee to do it for me....and if they eat it....I'd feel less guilt for
getting rid of it. I could toss in part of a bottle of Sambuca and some left-over
chicken to make it worth your while the next time you're out on the flat lands. 8O

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
its that fast metabolism man lol, i get like that

Theres this italian resturant in copper cliff called bruno's and every thursday they have all you can eat spaghetti...

My record is 5 bowls,

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
We photograph animal tracks in the snow and send them to our friends holidaying in Mexico or Costa Rica to identify. It gives them something to do to while away their time! It can be awfully boring on the beach!