You may live in Canada .

If driving is better in the winter

Because the potholes are filled with snow,
You may live in Canada .

If you know all 4 seasons:

Almost winter, winter, still winter,
and road construction,
You may live in Canada .

(this is my favourite, because how true)

If you have more miles

On your snow blower than your car,
You may live in Canada .

If you find -2 degrees 'a little chilly',

You may live in Canada .

nettoffee

Nov 2, 2006
Cakgary, AB
thank you I like this

speed limit on most highways is 80 km --

I always set my cars speed limiter at 85 km and everybody is passing me and some give me an angry look!

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
My phone rang a couple of days ago, lady asked for Sharon. I told her she had the wrong number. A few minutes later it rang again. Again I told her there was no Sharon here. This then evolved into a lengthy conversation about how screwed up Bell was because they printed the number wrong in the book.

Then she realized she had read the number wrong, so we started talking about the disadvantages of getting old and how small the print was. We probably talked about 5 minutes, then wished each other a good day. Only in Canada, North Ontario anyway. :)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:canada: Normally, Foxworthy is right up there with severe heartburn IMHO, but, in this case, he's almost on the money.

Ceptin, Wrong number that do it three times, get recorded, an hung up on. Frig that. eh.

Eastern Ont. too.

Unlesssssssss, they call to order a pizza or chinese food. Then I take their order and tell them it will be there in 20 minutes or it's free.

My wife tells me our name and OUR ADDRESS is in the book, so I better be careful.
Older I get, the wiser that sounds.:tongue4:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time,

You may live in Canada .

I know a guy that only wears shorts. He has 1 pair of pants that is part of the 1 suit he owns. At -45 you'll still see him in shorts and if it's a windy day he'll put on a jacket. It's the goofiest looking thing.

sputnik

Dec 8, 2009
Canada
sounds like a guy a saw who passed me on the sidewalk last week wearing flip flops... i dont even wear those things in the summer!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Years ago I worked the grave-yard shift at one of our local gas stations. Winter would come along and sure enough the banana heads from the lower mainland would start showing up. The vehicle doors would open and out would come some seriously brain-cell deficient person dressed in a sleeve-less T, shorts, and sandals - no jacket, no coat, no toques, no mittens. We didn't have gas pump jockeys on the GV shift, so there they stood in all their sublime ignorance, freezing away as they pumped their gas. This was not, unfortunately, just the odd case either.

Winter after winter, I would see these hapless souls come in totally unprepared for the season or the driving conditions. I often wondered what would happen to them if they ever got into an accident. How do you cope with freezing temps, up to your bum in snow and no winter clothing to protect you as you wait for the police and tow-truck to show up?

Then there would be the ones who never heard about road maps. They would come into the store and ask me if this was (Hwy 97) the way to get to Banff or Jasper or Kamloops. I would look them straight in the eye and tell them that it sure was, if they were taking the long route. They would stand there looking more puzzled than before while I patiently asked them if they remembered driving through a small town called Cache Creek. Some of them did, some of them didn't with the latter it would mean a whole new conversation. With the former, I would ask them if they remember seeing a stop light with a huge over-head highway sign. They would usually nod their heads at which point I would ask if they read the sign, head nod in the negative. Still keeping my patience, I would then explain that the stop-light (which is the ONLY one in Cache Creek) and the huge over-head highway sign were there to let people know that they had to make a right-hand turn in order to stay on the Trans-Canada and thus continue on their journey to Banff, Kamloops, etc. Again, this happened over and over again. If nothing else, it provided some great entertainment in an otherwise totally boring shift.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
its -7 out right now and its still a little chilly out
-12 here and Les put on a sweater. No long johns yet. I thought about long johns today. I don't think they'd go with my dress though. Polar fleece pullover kept me warm.