Junk and scams

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Should we be doing everything possible to put an end to the manufacturing and marketing of junk and perpetrating scams? If so what can we do? I'll start by suggesting two things, curtailing telemarketing and before making a purchase we haven't given thought to, sleep on the idea for a night.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Personally, I think if people want to buy the crap that telemarketers, Shamwow Vince, and loud-mouthed Billy May plug, they can go right ahead. Educate people about are crappy this stuff is and how much they'll be spending after shipping and handling and taxes are included and I bet that most would quit.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Personally, I think if people want to buy the crap that telemarketers, Shamwow Vince, and loud-mouthed Billy May plug, they can go right ahead. Educate people about are crappy this stuff is and how much they'll be spending after shipping and handling and taxes are included and I bet that most would quit.

Yep, "shipping and handling" - another HUGE scam.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

VINCE! That's the guys name, thank you AnnaG. Vince just cracks me up. "You're gonna love my nuts!" LOL :lol::lol:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Should we be doing everything possible to put an end to the manufacturing and marketing of junk and perpetrating scams? If so what can we do? I'll start by suggesting two things, curtailing telemarketing and before making a purchase we haven't given thought to, sleep on the idea for a night.

Boy, you don't mess around with the small stuff; do you JLM.

I don't think we have to worry too much here in Canada about the manufacturing of junk. Correct me if I am wrong but don't we import the greater portion of our 'junk' from China, India or the U.S.? If indeed we do, then all we really have to think about is how telling these countries that they can keep their junk might affect the billions of dollars of trade we do with them. Do you think they might simply agree that we can opt out of the junk trade, which in itself is worth multi-millions, and not demand something in return?

Just wonderin' ;-)

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Junk and Scams maybe to you but not necessarily to me.

What is junk?

Look at Ebay junk sells for big money.

A person that does not read the contract or does their research on a company will get scammed and maybe next time they will learn from their mistakes,

A person who wants to sleep on it should pay by money order and not by online debit or credit card.

If it’s a one-time offer and space is limited then pass on it and if it is successful you can get in later or go with a competitor or even start your own.

If an opportunity is successful then competitors will pop up out of nowhere.

Stock opportunities on the phone, tell them when it’s listed on the regular exchange you will invest at that time then you can see if it performs.

Telemarketer is an infomercial on a phone where you can hang up at anytime.

How to get rid of a telemarketer ask a lot of stupid questions don’t give personal information ask them to send you information which they won’t and they will hang up on you after three minutes because they are on commission.

How to get rid of phone surveys tell them you work for a marketing firm they will stop it fast because they know that you probably will steal their client

Like the Internet there is a lot of good offers out there but there are a lot more scams out there as well