Should I be offended

nickers22

Sep 25, 2009
I am a Canadian living in the us and my live in girl friend has decided to organize a canadian thanksgiving party at my house. Her and my best friend here have planned to make it a dress up party and dress up in "the canadian tuxedo" (denim and plaid). So my question to other canadians is to if I should feel offended by this?

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
look! your a canadian. Only taxes and have Celine Dion associated with you should get you pissed off.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Let's give thanks, eh! We wiped out the tipi creepers and stole their land, eh! We built a society based on mindless consumerism, eh, just like the Yankees, eh! It's the greatest country next to the US of A, eh! We all live in trailer park, eh, and swill beer (real beer) all day long, eh! Our two national sports are hockey and Tim Hortons, eh!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Let's give thanks, eh! We wiped out the tipi creepers and stole their land, eh! We built a society based on mindless consumerism, eh, just like the Yankees, eh! It's the greatest country next to the US of A, eh! We all live in trailer park, eh, and swill beer (real beer) all day long, eh! Our two national sports are hockey and Tim Hortons, eh!

Take off, you hoser.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I am a Canadian living in the us and my live in girl friend has decided to organize a canadian thanksgiving party at my house. Her and my best friend here have planned to make it a dress up party and dress up in "the canadian tuxedo" (denim and plaid). So my question to other canadians is to if I should feel offended by this?

id ask them what they mean by it

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Being offended is usually the last resort of a feeble-minded, weak-kneed bleeding heart.

Those of of with with any kind of spine, take all offenses with a grain of salt: considering the source.

So, call me anything you like. The only thing that offends me, is when you all me politically correct.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"You might be political, but you're very rarely correct!"

TenPenny, NONE of your posts EVER offended me. I always considered the source,

On the other hand, based on your thin-skinned, mimosa-like responses to any and all of my posts, the ALL offended you.

So, who is more "rarely correct"?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

On the other hand, based on your thin-skinned, mimosa-like responses to any and all of my posts, the ALL offended you.

Someone needs to buy a sense of humour.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I guess I am the only one who doesn't find her dress up theme funny. She is suggesting to you that we all wear jeans and plaid work shirts up here. Tell her they are the only thing that keeps us warm in our igloos unless things really get bad and we have to call in the dogs from the team to gather round so their fur keeps us warm instead. Maybe she should come dressed as a turkey. 8O

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

YJ you are much too offensive to ever know what being offended feels like.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Welcome to Canadian Content Forums. You're describing a Party. A Fun Time.
The Canadian Theme may even be in your honor. Think of it like a "Roast" from
days gone by (if you're old enough to know what I'm talking about).

Get in the spirit, put on a Toque and crack a beer or twelve and have a good
time already!!! If you can't laugh at yourself, then....well....that would be sad. :-|

Last edited:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Welcome to Canadian Content Forums. You're describing a Party. A Fun Time.
The Canadian Theme may even be in your honor. Think of it like a "Roast" from
days gone by (if you're old enough to know what I'm talking about).

Get in the spirit, put on a Toque and crack a beer or twelve and have a good
time already!!! If you can't laugh at yourself, then....well....that would be sad. :-|
I don't agree Ron. This is an insult to Canadians. We don't dress like that anymore or any less than they do. Save it for Halloween - it's just around the corner. Let her add a cornucopia to the table instead.(unless they intend to parade around like Uncle Sam and Pilgrims for the USA Thanksgiving)