I hate pot smokers!!, there I said it!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This is awesome trolling Sublime. I need to work on my trolling so will take this as an exceptional lesson. Well done!!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I think it's frustration due that he was never down the line to the puff puff pass thing.
Ironically if he did puff now and then he wouldn't be so up tight about it.
Strange how life works ....

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
because supporting drug dealers through the use of an illegal substance is the right thing to do.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Sublime

Had to take a walk to calm down after your opening statement - should have read farther into the thread - nicely done!

Marijuana should be legalized (for want of a better system) and quality controlled but once the medical community get into the mix, I am concerned the prices will advance way out into the stratosphere and some users will stay with the illegal sales.

My nephew met a bomb in Iraq and while recovering nicely his spine is deteriorating now and some days he is excruciating pain - but he has been prescribed marijuana and it gives him more relief without the side effects that some of the usual pain killers have.

He doesn't get stoned either - whether the docs are supplying a milder sample or only give him enough to control the pain.... I don't know but he thinks it is a miracle medicine.

He was getting very depressed this past year because it has been two years of healing and therapy and he feels like he's never going to be ok again... and with the pain taking a back seat he is gaining some happy days in life.

Reactions: lone wolf

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Smoke or vapourize for speed of delivery or for a respiratory illness. Injest orally in prepared foods such as cookies or muffins. Hold the oil against the side of your mouth or under your tongue till it's absorbed through the lining of the mouth or use suppositories (I haven't tried it yet but they say it's effective and fast for those who can't injest otherwise. Orally takes the longest to kick in and it will take you a few attempts to get the dose right for you, but don't wotrry if you take too much you'll usually need nothing more than a nap. You can function and heal very nicely on this medication with a substone dose and if required you can function very nicely on a side affect like super happy.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
When I was a child, I thought as a child. Now that I'm all grown up, and I've lived the effects of doctor-prescribed junk to cope with the never-ending pain of arthritis, fibromyalgia and old injuries - including having to fight an addiction to their chemistry - I've re-discovered an old friend. Used in moderation, I don't even get high, and the pain is held at bay. It's not a cure (for nothing short of death is) but it makes it bearable. If I happen to catch a buzz? That's just God's way of saying HI!

Anyone ever hear about prohibition? That experiment didn't work either. If they legislated and controlled it, they could tax it. Quality would always be the same. Pushers would be put out of work. Prices would go down because well over 1000% of the price is dealer mark-up. Crime rates would drop. The government actually spends more to bust it than they make from the fines, and they'd be collecting revenue from sales.

Will they? I doubt it. Money is at stake. On one hand, you have a pharmaceutical industry who provides millions of dollars in tax revenues to government and earns billions for big business. On the other, you have an alcohol industry who provides millions of dollars in tax revenues to government and earns billions for big business. Government gets no tax revenue from pot ... and big business doesn't want competition from a weed that can we can grow virtually free in our own back yards. Think about next election.

People see the stoners, the party animals, the criminals. Can those same people see the medicinal benefit of cannabis - as in pain relief, as in its use as an expectorant for people who can't take recognized anti-asthma drugs, as in it's relief of blood vessel constraint (which makes it useful in the treatment of glaucoma) The effects they do list as medical concerns, oddly enough, sound very near the same as those of intoxication. Those effects vanish with the buzz.

Altered bloodflow to the brain? Might I (and a great many physicians) suggest increased bloodflow in the brain - therefore more oxygen - is a good thing? And from experience, I can safely say it does expand your thoughts to well beyond the box sometimes....

I resent having to visit by night people I wouldn’t associate with by daytime. I resent this criminal record. I resent being lumped in with thieves, liars and wastes to society for using a medication that works better - and is less harmful than approved chemistry.

Propaganda against cannabis (both Sativa L and Indica) is easy to find. The alcohol and pharmaceutical industries are as afraid of the competition today as the wood, paper and textile industries were a hundred years ago

Has anyone ever given some thought as to another reason why cancer is running so rampant? Chemistry! They have a pill for everything today. What does it really do? Doctor-prescribed and socially acceptable junk is a lot more dangerous than an herb. (it's the spice I use in my barely-legal moosemeat spaghetti sauce and it didn't kill Mom or make her crazy) Yes, it IS an intoxicant - just like every drug including alcohol - and as such is subject to abuse. God made pot. Man made chemistry. Who do YOU trust?