Trip to the emergancy room/just saying

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Ok so we had mumsy out on monday for a stroll. going up a hill she complained about really bad chest pain. We stopped it went away, continued it came back...etc.

She goes to her GP on tuesday he tells her to get her ass down to emerg at credit valley here in mississuaga. she protests and he says look if you have a blockage you could die or have a stroke, not get yourself down there pronto..he said she should have an angeogram and rule out blockage and angina.....she goes down there , phones us we follow.
We get there and she tells us they did a chest zray , special one with hands yp and an EEG. so we wait...and wait....and watch.....and wait...i give it 3 hours since she arrived, figure i have now the right to ask ....

Get all this attutude about who's here and it's an emergancy room and people have priorities, and your mum had an EEG and there is no emergancy and she needs to wait for a bed to come available to see the doctor.

I say nothing.....then when she stops i say"look, when they sent her here at 12 i figured i would be here till 8 tonight(it's now 3).Her family doctor said she should come here or she could die.He says she needs an angeogram to rule out blockage and see if it is angina.
She shouts"We don't do angeograms here you need to go to Trillium, she won't be getting one"
I ask her" what are we doing here then? "
"Just wait till you see the doctor"

back in the grimy chair...the place looks filthy to me...shouldn't it be cleaner than my home?*bites tongue*

Here's a piece of wonderment for the masses at voting day!!!!!

woman come in with girl in wheel chair. girl is shaking , starts to yelp and moan like reall bad......2 minutes later starts again....i ask her mum who is looking at me and sandy with desperation in her face"whats wrong?"
She is pregant, and is hemorraging....had in peel sauturday night(this is tuesday) all night there they sent her home..we came here in hopes of finding out whats wrong( other stuff in btw today and saturday i forget now)

Girl starts to FREAK OUT in pain and says "I can't take this i gotta see someone" nurse comes wheeels to just outsidethe emergancy room door says wait here....comes back and says here go put this diaper on so we can see how much you are hemmoraging......more yepling and screaming every 2 minutes.....they wheel her in half hour later......we see her at about 8 that night.....turns out SHE WAS IN LABOUR AND HAD A MISSCARRAGE!!!!

Any way we got in...did blood tests, came back with stuff we know about her fatty liver her pancrease , she's going to be 84 next month....they put it down to stomache ailment8Os

I left......11:45........

Her Gp yesterday saw her...said it was a good thing for the EEG and if there was a serious heart thing they would have done something...scheduled stomache tests.........
She told him about the girl.
He said he has been going there for 27 years and has seen and heard horror stories.......
un fukcing believable.........

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
DocDred

God that was a test of your courage - nothing worse than watching your mother in strife... well except maybe your children.

Hope she is back to feeling better and by the weekend giving you heck for your mismatched socks or whatever mum's yell about now....

I've lost mine - but we still have memory chats....think she is still watching over us all.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8OSheesh Doc, glad your mum made it, in spite of the ER.

We have done our share of ER sitting, but, have to say, if someone comes in clutching their chest or in visible pain/bleeding, they are sent right through. This place you experienced must be busy to the point of insanity.

Sorry for your bad experience.

N'Ugg.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
*yikes* I swear I read somewhere you burying your mom a couple of years ago Doc !!
Or were ya just `pullin our legs` at the time?:-?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Well, for one thing he could have a step-mother. I have a friend that calls her step-father "dad", so that could be same thing here.

SwitSof

Electoral Member
DocDred

God that was a test of your courage - nothing worse than watching your mother in strife... well except maybe your children.

Hope she is back to feeling better and by the weekend giving you heck for your mismatched socks or whatever mum's yell about now....

I've lost mine - but we still have memory chats....think she is still watching over us all.

I have that feeling too about being watched, not in a bad way, by me dad since he passed away when I was little.
I don't think I can cope if I had to experience my mum strifing like that...