Le Décès de Jane Jacobs

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Aujourd'hui Michel Guimond, le député de Montmorency—Charlevoix—Haute-Côte-Nord et le whip en chef du Bloc Québécois a souligné l'œvre de Jane Jacobs, une activiste sociale. Mme. Jacobs est décédée hier à Toronto, à la province de l'Ontario. Mme. Jacobs a publié plusieurs de livres; le plus bien-connu, c'était un livre qui est intitulé Quebec and the Struggle Over Sovereignty. (See ¶1 for a translation.)

[color=#558888 said:
Michel Guimond[/color], M.P.,]Jane Jacobs était une précurseure dont les thèses en matière de développement urbain et du rôle des villes dérangeaient parfois ses pairs. Aujourd'hui, tout le monde reconnaît la grande justesse de ces thèses. Il n'y a aucun doute dans mon esprit que ses idées sur l'avenir du Québec vont également être reconnues à leur juste valeur. Je suis convaincu que ses ouvrages feront école pour encore longtemps.

Cliquetez içi pour lire le communiqué entier en français.
This article is not available in English at this time.
:arrow: My Opinion Re: The Death of Jane Jacobs

Watching CPAC today, in class (ssh! don't rat me out!), I saw an interview with Ms. Jacobs; she seemed like quite the character! On Talk Politics, they recounted an interview in which she had participated in the past, reading passages of her book to the delight and laughter of the audience before her. Even though she may have been a sovereigntist, in terms of her seeing a bright future for a sovereign Province of Québec, the culture of Canada changes, even if only slightly, whenever such a prominent figure passes on.

:?: La Traduction
(¶1) Today Michel Guimond, M.P., the Member for Montmorency—Charlevoix—Haute-Côte-Nord and the Chief Whip of the Bloc Québécois underlined the work of Jane Jacobs, a social activist. Ms. James passed away yesterday in Toronto, in the Province of Ontario. Ms. Jacobs several books — the most well-known of which is entitled: Quebec and the Struggle Over Sovereignty.

:?: Sources
1. Click here for the Web site of the Bloc Québécois.