favorite canadian movie

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
CSIS and RCMP are paying me good money to obtain yer personality profiles-- so be honest-- and one only

mine is

VIDEODROME- by cronenberg

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
You mean like made in hollywood north or movies with a Canadian theme?

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
good question--
i guess i meant made in canada--by canadians --- like cronenberg or egyoan--

but no sooner does one post something like this and that dreaded question of what exactly is canadian comes up--
and i thought it was a simple question....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: favorite canadian movie

cortez said:
good question--

but no sooner does one post something like this and that dreaded question of what exactly is canadian comes up--

Do you mean born in Canada, or are immigrants ok? 1st or 2nd generation? What if one parent is 1st generation but the other a landed immigrant? :wink:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I've seen a lot of Canadian movies, and liked most of them. Decline of the American Empire was good, although I'm not sure it was a favourite. There was a movie recently with Sarah Polley that I think was Canadian, 'My Life As Me', or something like that, it was excellent. Why can't I think of the proper name, it is completely eluding me.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: favorite canadian movie

Kreskin said:
cortez said:
good question--

Do you mean born in Canada, or are immigrants ok? 1st or 2nd generation? What if one parent is 1st generation but the other a landed immigrant? :wink:

aha yer LOOKING for trouble!!!!

ok- canadian by whatever definition you accept as canadian!!!!!!

Prairie_Ally

Mar 29, 2006
Saskatchewan
Well, I loved all the Anne of Green Gables movies but I suppose those are miniseries so don't count for this. CBC used to give us so many good movies but of late there aren't all that many. The only one from the last couple years that comes to mind is Prairie Giant: The Tommy Douglas Story which was done so well.

I can't think of any Canadian movies right now.