Balony Sandwich, is this sandwich a Canadian invention.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Whilst making the other half a gourmet supper: A balony sandwich I got to thinking do other countries eat Balony. Did a Canadian invent the balony sandwich? Do other countries know of this delicacy.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What you mean is Balogna. It is a type of mortadella sausage first conceived in Italy. Baloney is as slang term, probably from the U.S..

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Perhaps, hehe; just like changing the pronounciation of "Lieutenant" to how it's spelt? Psh! Such phonetic nonsense! Haha, it's pronounced "Leftenant," people!

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Thanks for distracting them Five, they were making me cry. Can you imagine giving the US credit for balony, the nerve. Five make sure you do the Normal/abnormal test I posted I am dying to see what grade you get.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
RE: Balony Sandwich, is t

I thought Balony was an offshoot of Mulroney; a different pronounciation?? We all had to eat a lot of it for about 9 years.

Roger

Nominee Member
May 2, 2006
Atlantic
www.exporail.org
Balogna is also consumed in Germany and the UK.

Canada can likely take credit for making it in a large tube shape, slicing and frying. You can always tell when your balogna is cheap yetch if you fry it and it melts in the pan.

Maple Leaf is the best for frying. I hate little squares of balogna tossed into yellow pea soup. My sister used to try and tell me it was ham. FORGET IT. Fried Balogna goes great on the side with yellow pea soup.

NOW THAT'S PURE CANADIAN!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think you mean Bologna - named after the Italian city where it was invented.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Who cares where it came from, I grew up with the stuff and I remember the jingle. :D

My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R
Oh, I love to eat it everyday, and if you ask me why, I'll say,
Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A

:D