Tories Must Audit DFO: NDP

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Peter Stoffer, the Member for Sackville—Eastern Shore and the Fisheries Critic for the New Democratic Party of Canada has asked the Honourable Loyola Hearn, the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, to order a forensic audit into the spending practices of her department in 2000 and 2001.

In the letter to the Minister, Mr. Stoffer wrote:

Peter Stoffer said:
"It is unacceptable and inexcusable for a federal government department to ignore basic bookkeeping practices and accounting procedures. A forensic audit into this situation could assist in determining what went wrong."

Click here to view the entire letter. Please note that this is a link to a Microsoft® Word document, not a Web page.
Mr. Stoffer has requested that Sheila Fraser, the Auditor General of Canada be invited to audit the practices of the department. "It appears that DFO broke every rule in the book with these purchases," said Stoffer. "It is simply unacceptable and inexcusable for a federal government department not to follow basic bookkeeping procedures or accounting practices as alleged. Canadians deserve to know where and how their money was spent."

:?: Source
Click here to visit the Web site for the New Democratic Party of Canada.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Haha, it is important, even if one is a Liberal, to pay close attention to the other parties (such as the NDP). Just because you prefer one party over the other does not mean that another party isn't going to have ideas that one would like, every now and again. :)

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
90% of what you believe in Paradox is what the Social Democrats believe in. I would dare to say with the influance of the Liberal right on the Grits, the only time they come close to your beliefs are around election time when they want your vote. One day you will see the light and it will be Orange. lol.

I have a great deal of respect by the way for the Liberal left, though I believe they are in the wrong party. =-D