Canadian Made Products ???

CDNBoad

Dec 24, 2005
Goderich, On
I am wondering if anyone would be interested in making a list of Canadian made products? It is getting more and more difficult to find stuff that isn't made oversea. For example
1) Stansfield clothing
2) Chariot carriers (bike gear)
3) Please Mum children clothing

and so on ...

I like to support local jobs and buy Canadian when I can, can you help me(and us all) out?

Thank-you.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Para-Ordnance in the Toronto area builds handguns for the civilian markets.

Sporting rifles, primarily for the US market, are built by Savage Arms of Lakefield, Ontario

Elcan Optical Technologies in Midland, Ontario specializes in small arms components and accessories.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: Canadian Made Product

Ummm....the problem is even when they say Canadian made, that could just mean that its manufactured in Canada. It doesnt mean the the materials are not from sweatshop labours or what have you.

Local mom and pop stores and farmers markets are good for having locally made stuff.

CDNBoad

Dec 24, 2005
Goderich, On
Smarties !! Who'd a thunk it.
I've also heard Sorel boots and shoes were made in Canada. I didn't realize there was this much apathy towards supporting our economy and workforce.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Canadian Made Products ???

bhoour said:

Nestle has manufacturers and an office here in Canada but thats just because it's a food product. Not that it's canadian thing. As you can see when you buy Smarties in South Africa they will say "Made in South Africa" They make good Smarties there

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Re: RE: Canadian Made Products ???

Finder said:
bhoour said:

Nestle has manufacturers and an office here in Canada but thats just because it's a food product. Not that it's canadian thing. As you can see when you buy Smarties in South Africa they will say "Made in South Africa" They make good Smarties there

......um,.......they don't have 'em below the imaginary border line.

:roll:

wannabecanadian

Nov 16, 2005
Stuck for now in Ohio
There's a great site called East Coast Catalogue--everything they sell is made in Atlantic Canada (educational toys, foodstuff, videos, clothes...). I found the site while online Christmas shopping/browsing for my little boy.

mmcleod

Oct 21, 2008
Buy Canadian Made!!

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in making a list of Canadian made products? It is getting more and more difficult to find stuff that isn't made oversea. For example
1) Stansfield clothing
2) Chariot carriers (bike gear)
3) Please Mum children clothing

and so on ...

I like to support local jobs and buy Canadian when I can, can you help me(and us all) out?

Thank-you.

I think this is an awesome idea. The trouble is, I don't know what's Canadian made and what's not. There needs to be a list somewhere. I have a few things to add (at least I hope they're still Canadian made)
Kamik (boots)​

Boulet (boots)​

Adrian Klis leather (awesome stuff)​
Aslo, as someone has already noted, there's lots of very small businesses that make all their stuff locally, so visit local farmer's markets and craft fairs. Whenever you find Canadian made goods, spread the word!

One question - is there a facebook group for this?

mmcleod

Oct 21, 2008
oops, I forgot about Lotus Wear - a company that has some very nice yoga apparel, made in Vancouver BC. Unfortunately, their little bits and pieces (water bottles, bags, candle holders) are made in China.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
New Flyer of Winnipeg, Diesel, Hybrid, Hydrogen, and electric trolley buses.
Greyhound buses made by Motorcoach in Wpg
Palliser furniture featuring: Casana Furniture Company

Canadian Buyer

Aug 17, 2009
If anyone is looking for Canadian made products I suggest you visit the website buycanadianfirst.ca. What an amazing website! They have all kinds of products that are all made in Canada. When I say made in Canada, they are not made in China and assembled in Canada. Hope this helps everyone that is looking to support our local economy, every bit counts and makes a difference.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
buycanadianfirst.ca.

As a fat greedy Canadian capitalist pig I object to the traitorous ungrateful huddled masses ****ing up our wonderfully efficient and socially benevolent freetrade racket. You need to support us or we'll take even the ****ty remaining jobs away.