Canada may consider daylight time change

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
I just think the whole thing is foolish, especially with nfld time. but I'm not in charge....what ever, just warn me when I should change my clocks. The poor simpletons, that had a hard time grasping the concept already sheesh! i think the government is trying to make their head explode!

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I am reminded of a member on another forum, a couple of years ago, who offered the "explanation" that Daylight Time was brought in during the days of the family farm, long ago.....

because with the extra hour of light, the crops grew a bit faster.

HUH ? ? ? :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
One thing I love about China; they never need to change the clock. Only strange thing is that the nation has one official time zone for such a vast expance of land. The result is that in the far wes, the clock is about two hours ahead of real time.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Canada may consider d

They should pick a time and quit changing the damned clocks. If businesses want to change, then let them adjust their hours of operation.

The claim that this will save energy is silly. We have the same amount of daylight no matter what we switch our clocks too. If they want to save energy, make office buildings shut out the lights when there's nobody there and put in directional streetlamps.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now