Winnipeg is becoming that place that everyone wants to go to

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Honestly I didn't make this **** up-I couldn't make this **** up

'Sweet spot': Winnipeg has become 'a place that everyone wants to go'
Vogue magazine just the latest in list of publications to praise city's scene

The Canadian Museum for Human Rights is consistently highlighted in publications as a major attraction in Winnipeg.

Take a deep breath, Winnipeg, and try to get your head around this — you are trendy. Popular, even.

You are literally in Vogue.

The American fashion and lifestyle magazine, which cast a spotlight this week on the city as well as its Saskatchewan neighbour Saskatoon, said the Prairie cousins are "stealthily gathering cred among those in the know" and "an absolute must-visit destination."

So, you know the feeling that someone's staring at you? Winnipeg is sensing it right now for good reason. The Vogue article is only the latest in a list of publications to sing the city's praises.

In August, Elle Canada called Winnipeg "the new scene." And in November 2015, National Geographic named Winnipeg one of the best places to visit on earth.

Winnipeg makes National Geographic's list of best trips on earth 2016
And on more than a few occasions the New York Times has featured Winnipeg, most recently for its river skating trail and architecturally distinct warming huts and for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.

It might be hard for some people to imagine our blue-collar city has become, gulp, fashionable and forward.

"We're a place to be. There's great things that are happening," said Dayna Spiring, president and CEO of Economic Development Winnipeg. "The momentum has shifted and Winnipeg is becoming that place that everyone wants to go to."

When articles like the Vogue piece come out, Tourism Winnipeg (a department of Economic Development Winnipeg) sees traffic on its website spike. But it has also reaped rewards in terms of visits to the city, both by tourists and conventions.

"People want to understand what all the buzz is about and that's exciting for us," Spiring said, noting a report that came out on Wednesday saying the city's airport could end the year with numbers that show more travellers this year than ever before.

read the rest of this idiotic bull**** here

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Honestly I didn't make this **** up-I couldn't make this **** up

'Sweet spot': Winnipeg has become 'a place that everyone wants to go'
Vogue magazine just the latest in list of publications to praise city's scene

The Canadian Museum for Human Rights is consistently highlighted in publications as a major attraction in Winnipeg.

Take a deep breath, Winnipeg, and try to get your head around this — you are trendy. Popular, even.

You are literally in Vogue.

The American fashion and lifestyle magazine, which cast a spotlight this week on the city as well as its Saskatchewan neighbour Saskatoon, said the Prairie cousins are "stealthily gathering cred among those in the know" and "an absolute must-visit destination."

So, you know the feeling that someone's staring at you? Winnipeg is sensing it right now for good reason. The Vogue article is only the latest in a list of publications to sing the city's praises.

In August, Elle Canada called Winnipeg "the new scene." And in November 2015, National Geographic named Winnipeg one of the best places to visit on earth.

Winnipeg makes National Geographic's list of best trips on earth 2016
And on more than a few occasions the New York Times has featured Winnipeg, most recently for its river skating trail and architecturally distinct warming huts and for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.

It might be hard for some people to imagine our blue-collar city has become, gulp, fashionable and forward.

"We're a place to be. There's great things that are happening," said Dayna Spiring, president and CEO of Economic Development Winnipeg. "The momentum has shifted and Winnipeg is becoming that place that everyone wants to go to."

When articles like the Vogue piece come out, Tourism Winnipeg (a department of Economic Development Winnipeg) sees traffic on its website spike. But it has also reaped rewards in terms of visits to the city, both by tourists and conventions.

"People want to understand what all the buzz is about and that's exciting for us," Spiring said, noting a report that came out on Wednesday saying the city's airport could end the year with numbers that show more travellers this year than ever before.

read the rest of this idiotic bull**** here
Then they'll be happy to know not to expect a visit from your sorry azz eh Billy boy?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I'd like to see that myself. Love museums.
We should host the next Canadian Content Forum garden party in Winnipeg

I can only do a few museums,after that no more

London has many museums

I remember a few years back I observed an individual ,a Conservative MLA being lobbied in discussion to think big in the museum development,I still chuckle on how the conversation evolved and how mind set can be so different,how big thinking was not allowed into the plan of Conservative thinking,or more so the old way of thinking of the the Conservstive MLA.
I laugh when I remember the discussion about museums,and more so I listened ,which makes the whole situation even more laughs,
Build it and they will come

How was the CCF garden party?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We should host the next Canadian Content Forum garden party in Winnipeg

It'd be fun to watch some of the lite-wates being carried away by Fort Garry mosquitos.