These commercials should be banned

Rosebud

Nominee Member
Feb 6, 2012
This is basically a rant on commercials, but some are dangerous and send the wrong message.

First is the commercial where the cute puppy is being trained by the little boy. Supposed to be harmless, and we initially come away with the "awwwww- shucks would you look at this" response. The puppy gets to lick the mouth of the boy, and here is where I almost upchuck the bowl of cerial that I was eating. I usually stay in the same range of TV stations so I get to watch more than a single daily dose. I'm not surprised that the program "Monsters Inside Me" doesn't have this commercial as sponsor. If memory serves me, one episode was about a cat that had a pariste, and the infected child owner eventually died as it worked it's way into her brain. She was in the habit of bringing the cat in contact with her face.

But consider, we teach our children to keep their hands away from their faces and to wash their hands often. Another is nose picking, a habit kids usually start until corrected. A preventive measure that stops microbes and parasites entry to their systems; not to mention socially taboo. But if this type of inter species relationship is the acceptable norm, so why bother teach the kids any of these things.? If a butt licking dog is cute licking his master's face, why should society hold any disgust over the regular hygene habits
just mentioned.

The next is a preview of a series soon to come to TV in a few weeks. The clip starts with a stark desolate snowy landscape with large flakes coming down. Walking toward the camera is the dark silhouette of a tall man with wide fidora and long "gunfighter" type trench coat. He's carrying something in his right hand. As he approaches and stops, the camera lowers to the head of an hatchet dripping with blood onto the new snow.(It is reminisce of the adult rated "Shining"). The caption reads "Coming soon" or words to that effect and fades out. Now this is in prime time, and I can visualize a few thousand young children's stop in their tracks as they take this scene all in. Most are at an impressionable age, and another will ask what it is all about. Social damage already done of course.

So lets get the violence and lessons in bad habits out of daily TV, and no it's not normal. Also keep animals away from very young children, and not even if they are adult monitored situations. A dog could latch onto a baby girls face in a split second. The skin at this age is very pliable and thin with no resilience. I saw one cat on an animal "CuteTV" who was close enough to scratch the eyes of a 2 year old if he wanted to. Not one adult protested as the paws got inches from her face.(the position of the animal was one where a cat would instinctually lunge out to protect his underbelly). They were all looking on with that "awww-shuck" expression.

Folks, write into the stations and protest. At least we can save some children.

Thanks!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
because it helps make money the only way to get rid of it would be to turn the electricity off
everywhere...forever

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This is basically a rant on commercials, but some are dangerous and send the wrong message.

First is the commercial where the cute puppy is being trained by the little boy. Supposed to be harmless, and we initially come away with the "awwwww- shucks would you look at this" response. The puppy gets to lick the mouth of the boy, and here is where I almost upchuck the bowl of cerial that I was eating. I usually stay in the same range of TV stations so I get to watch more than a single daily dose. I'm not surprised that the program "Monsters Inside Me" doesn't have this commercial as sponsor. If memory serves me, one episode was about a cat that had a pariste, and the infected child owner eventually died as it worked it's way into her brain. She was in the habit of bringing the cat in contact with her face.

But consider, we teach our children to keep their hands away from their faces and to wash their hands often. Another is nose picking, a habit kids usually start until corrected. A preventive measure that stops microbes and parasites entry to their systems; not to mention socially taboo. But if this type of inter species relationship is the acceptable norm, so why bother teach the kids any of these things.? If a butt licking dog is cute licking his master's face, why should society hold any disgust over the regular hygene habits
just mentioned.

The next is a preview of a series soon to come to TV in a few weeks. The clip starts with a stark desolate snowy landscape with large flakes coming down. Walking toward the camera is the dark silhouette of a tall man with wide fidora and long "gunfighter" type trench coat. He's carrying something in his right hand. As he approaches and stops, the camera lowers to the head of an hatchet dripping with blood onto the new snow.(It is reminisce of the adult rated "Shining"). The caption reads "Coming soon" or words to that effect and fades out. Now this is in prime time, and I can visualize a few thousand young children's stop in their tracks as they take this scene all in. Most are at an impressionable age, and another will ask what it is all about. Social damage already done of course.

So lets get the violence and lessons in bad habits out of daily TV, and no it's not normal. Also keep animals away from very young children, and not even if they are adult monitored situations. A dog could latch onto a baby girls face in a split second. The skin at this age is very pliable and thin with no resilience. I saw one cat on an animal "CuteTV" who was close enough to scratch the eyes of a 2 year old if he wanted to. Not one adult protested as the paws got inches from her face.(the position of the animal was one where a cat would instinctually lunge out to protect his underbelly). They were all looking on with that "awww-shuck" expression.

Thanks!

Don't like any of this stuff.... then shut the fu cking TV off. Stay the fu ck out of MY life and and what I can and can not see.

Nothing worse than a no mind busy body sticking her nose into everyone elses business.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol
all the comments say its a scam

thing is though, if you kiss a dog on the lips, you are licking dog butt

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
what you have something against parasites?
isn't that some kind of discrimination?

amd all because the TV told you to kiss a dog on the lips...
the world is a dangerous place

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
service master might be required
they repair things that have been burnt

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

just mentioned.

Thanks!

Don't be so cheap. Get Netflix. No commercials.

Nothing wrong with a puppy kiss. I even kiss my horse and he is a vegan.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
yeah we all do face time with pets
lol
and they like to sniff our butts too