Has our public education come down to this?


Machjo
#1
A close friend of mine who needs to rent a room in Toronto for a few months shared his online ad with me. Here's how he ended it:

'Though the following might seem like the result of basic education, I'll mention it here anyway to reassure those who want to know.

'I keep myself clean: I shower every morning and after every workout and wash my hands after using the washroom, after arriving home, and before I prepare a meal except if there is no water or for another legitimate reason.

'I practice good hygiene. I do not put anything into a common pot from which I might serve others after having licked it and I wash dishes thoroughly after use, even if only to drink a glass of water, unless there is no water with which to wash the dishes or for another legitimate reason.

'I dress modestly: I do not open my bedroom or the washroom door without being modestly dressed except in the presence of my wife or for my safety or for another legitimate reason.'

What does it say about our general hygiene and social education when someone feels the need to specify this in his ad.

Your thoughts?
 
darkbeaver
#2
a clean freak for sure unless of course he's a literate slob
 
Machjo
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

a clean freak for sure unless of course he's a literate slob

If you're a kitchen-spoon licker, no problem. But if you're planning to then put it in the pot from which you'll serve me, please let me know.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

If you're a kitchen-spoon licker, no problem. But if you're planning to then put it in the pot from which you'll serve me, please let me know.

If the temperature is such and such there should be no problem, especially if the stew has got garlic in it. Basic innoculation Machjo, it,s worked for thousands of years. Your on the wrong planet if you expect to escape germs. But I do think upon second reading that a bit of suspicion about his/her thing about hygene might warrent a bit of research. Perhaps you are right to be alarmed or ill at ease. Perhps he's licked and reinserted the spoon at some function you both attended, I can't say. His piece is a bit off. No germ could possible live in me and if it did it could not possible mount a spoon without falling on its head.
 
Machjo
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

If the temperature is such and such there should be no problem, especially if the stew has got garlic in it. Basic innoculation Machjo, it,s worked for thousands of years. Your on the wrong planet if you expect to escape germs. But I do think upon second reading that a bit of suspicion about his/her thing about hygene might warrent a bit of research. Perhaps you are right to be alarmed or ill at ease. Perhps he's licked and reinserted the spoon at some function you both attended, I can't say. His piece is a bit off.

That reminds me of a case that I'd read about. A restaurant owner took rice from clients' dishes, put it through the dishwasher with disinfectant, and reserved it. He won the court case because he could prove that it was hygienic. But how do you think his business went after that? Sure it might have been 'hygienic' in a strictly scientific sence, but what about the cultural aspect?
 
darkbeaver
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

That reminds me of a case that I'd read about. A restaurant owner took rice from clients' dishes, put it through the dishwasher with disinfectant, and reserved it. He won the court case because he could prove that it was hygienic. But how do you think his business went after that? Sure it might have been 'hygienic' in a strictly scientific sence, but what about the cultural aspect?

This is an entirely different case, in the first case diminutive meat may have been added in the second case nutriants were chemically washed away, these are diametricly opposing conditions. The judge should have been disbarred. Clearly the food value of the rice in the second case was diminished and toxic detergents would of course have remained in the rice. Which of these two actually presented a greater threat to public health? The answer is clear to me. If you are in doubt about the quality of any food served to you certainly you could wash it before you eat it, this in my opinion would detract from the stews or rices original flavour. Clearly neither option is ideal. It all rests with your level of hunger in the end.

I would have micro-waved the rice before reserving it.

It has suddenly dawned on me that you may have wanted to discuss public education. Very well, there is none. The minute you enter a public school your mind is systematically emptied folllowing the tried and true prescribed Prussian method. You are to think only about ways not to. Obediance to rote, loyalty to your monarch no matter how daft she/he is and which military campaigne you would like to be blown up at in the service of your country. These atributes make a good citizen and will serve you and your country all the way through your short boring and meaningless life..

Driving down was the original intent behind public education the only best and only tool against rampant literacy amongst the prolitariate. Nothing has ever threatenend the ruling class like the printing press.
 
Danbones
+1
#7
ah
the cockroaches in Toronto hate it when dirty food moves in
 
darkbeaver
#8
I am assured by the travel brouchers that Toronto does not have a roach problem.

Maybe it was the roaches do not have a travel problem.

there's still something wrong with that word.
 
petros
+2
#9
Bizarre
 
darkbeaver
#10
brosures?

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Bizarre

You have mastered the art of brevity.
 
Machjo
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Bizarre

What? You don't want to know that the woman with whom you're shaking hands washed them after having wiped herself?
 
petros
+4
#12  Top Rated Post
I hug women. I hope she never pissed on her tank top.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#13
Pheromones (sp) the original communication. Pungent reminders of your place in the reproductive order.
 
Machjo
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I hug women. I hope she never pissed on her tank top.

I would be more concerned about her not having showered or brushed her teeth that day if I were hugging her.
 
Danbones
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

brosures?

possibly Brassieres?
Never trust tips from a bra..

and speaking of hugging...
 
darkbeaver
#16
Bolder holders, now there's this picture in my head, I cannot sire another child, though the act sometimes crosses my mind, but the next beer washes the thought away reliably. I have only one or two loves now and neither involves a woman lovely as they all are, none shall enjoy my gifts until miss perfect arrives, I will know her by the limosene she pulls up in.
 
Machjo
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

possibly Brassieres?
Never trust tips from a bra..

and speaking of hugging...

Maybe she wipes her dirty hands on the tank top she wears every day but washes only once a week.
 
petros
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

I would be more concerned about her not having showered or brushed her teeth that day if I were hugging her.

Why? There is a limited amount of colds and flu strains as well as easily passed bacteria.

At my age I've been exposed to 99.9% of them and have an immunity.

Unless I have open wounds and she has MRSA or flesh eating disease there is nothing to worry about.

Oh BTW. Never handle parmesian cheese and touch your feet without washing your hands.

The bacteria in the cheese is the same as the bacteria that makes boot sauce.

With that info you can spike the shoes of someone you don't like with parm and give them foot odour issues.
 
Machjo
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Why? There is a limited amount of colds and flu strains as well as easily passed bacteria.

At my age I've been exposed to 99.9% of them and have an immunity.

Unless I have open wounds and she has MRSA or flesh eating disease there is nothing to worry about.

Except nasal assault. Very unpleasant. It's a disease called nauseitis.

Symptoms include sudden exhalation and outbursts such as pfff, whhhh, whoa, and other such exhalations.
 
petros
#20
Gingivitis?

Nobody has died from gingivitis.
 
Machjo
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Gingivitis?

Nobody has died from gingivitis.

Nobody has died from their own gingivitis.
 
JLM
+1
#22
My dental hygienist was telling me the other day how much of the sickness we are suffering these days is due to too much personal cleanliness.
 
Danbones
#23
kills 99.9 % of germs...
what doesn't kill you only makes you sronger

Ahnold was once a 90 lb weakling, and look at him now:
all of California has the heaves
 
Tecumsehsbones
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

A close friend of mine who needs to rent a room in Toronto for a few months shared his online ad with me. Here's how he ended it:

'Though the following might seem like the result of basic education, I'll mention it here anyway to reassure those who want to know.

'I keep myself clean: I shower every morning and after every workout and wash my hands after using the washroom, after arriving home, and before I prepare a meal except if there is no water or for another legitimate reason.

'I practice good hygiene. I do not put anything into a common pot from which I might serve others after having licked it and I wash dishes thoroughly after use, even if only to drink a glass of water, unless there is no water with which to wash the dishes or for another legitimate reason.

'I dress modestly: I do not open my bedroom or the washroom door without being modestly dressed except in the presence of my wife or for my safety or for another legitimate reason.'

What does it say about our general hygiene and social education when someone feels the need to specify this in his ad.

Your thoughts?

Thought 1: In what way is this public education?

Thought 2: The daily-or-more shower is a pretty recent thing. Before you go hankering for the old days, you might could wanna remember that daily bathing wasn't common as little as 50 years back.
 
no new posts