Arabic writing on police cruisers in London upsetting some

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Police in London, Ont., are being forced to defend decals on patrol cars that have the word "police" written in a number of different languages, including Arabic, which is the one that has angered some people.

Although the decals have been on London Police Service cruisers for at least nine years, a recent Facebook post about Arabic writing on patrol car has resulted in many angry phone calls from Americans upset over the apparent "Islamization of Canada." The post was picked up by a conservative American blog site that also published the phone number for London police.

"Headquarters has been getting calls like crazy," Const. Sandasha Bough said. "Some of them are being patched up to me and people are just screaming at me."

On May 30, a Facebook user from Quebec posted a photo showing Arabic writing on a London patrol car. The post included the statement: "So it starts. The little toes in the door already." The poster also asks the question: "Why is this acceptable?"

The writer also questioned why "police" is not spelled out in French, even though both French and English spell the word exactly the same.

The decals were added to police cars in 2009 to represent many of the city's various ethnic groups, but the Arabic one is the only one to draw criticism.

It was a means of being inclusive of the diverse members within the city of London," Bough told CBC News.

The Facebook post on the decals was shared nearly 18,000 times and liked nearly 2,000 times.

London police received some calls after the post originally appeared, Bough said, but calls intensified after it was re-posted to the U.S. blog site.

"Canadians see this as an example of favouritism and inconsistent with French-Canadian values," according to the blog run by an individual identified as Dr. Rich Swier. "This is yet another example of the Islamization of Canada."

The writer suggests people complain and recommended fellow Americans voice their displeasure.

Arabic writing on police cruisers in London, Ont., angers Americans - Windsor - CBC News

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
A new "official" language,
Some in Ontario are angry about French as one of the official languages....
but arabic is OK I guess

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The writer also questioned why "police" is not spelled out in French, even though both French and English spell the word exactly the same.
And that, dearly beloved, is everything you need to know about the intelligence of the arm-waving hysterics.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
And that, dearly beloved, is everything you need to know about the intelligence of the arm-waving hysterics.

I'll bet that they put "POLICE" on police cars in Arabic countries .... which makes you wonder why it is suddenly necessary to show an Arabic version in London.