Canada's Crown Royal named World Whisky of the Year

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Canada's Crown Royal named World Whisky of the Year | Lifestyle from CTV News

Jim Murry, as popular as his books maybe, is not the end all of whiskey aficionados.

I completely disagree with his findings, especially when Midleton Dair Ghaelach comes in third to Pikesville, a hopped up version of a low end bourbon, in second. With Crown Royal, the crown jewel over Canadian swill.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

Canada's Crown Royal named World Whisky of the Year | Lifestyle from CTV News

Jim Murry, as popular as his books maybe, is not the end all of whiskey aficionados.

I completely disagree with his findings, especially when Midleton Dair Ghaelach comes in third to Pikesville, a hopped up version of a low end bourbon, in second. With Crown Royal, the crown jewel over Canadian swill.
I always have to hold my breath when forcing down that slop. I can tolerate tequila because I like lemons.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Last time I drank whiskey I ended up down stream struggling to swim to shore. Hitched a ride back to town in the back of a pick up and got sunburned to a crisp time I got there.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Last time I drank whiskey I ended up down stream struggling to swim to shore. Hitched a ride back to town in the back of a pick up and got sunburned to a crisp time I got there.
Moderation is key. The good stuff has flavour.

Dealer's choice. What would you fix me?
Hmmm, lets see...

Are you up for a mixed drink, or would you like to sip something expensive?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Spare no expense, please.
Well in that case, try this dram of Glenfarclas. No rocks, just let it warm in your hands and enjoy the aromas, before teasing your palette with a gentle but very notiecable smokiness wrapped around a rich fruit cocktail, and yes it is sprinkled with rose petals. Not very sweet but immensely flavourful.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well in that case, try this dram of Glenfarclas. No rocks, just let it warm in your hands and enjoy the aromas, before teasing your palette with a gentle but very notiecable smokiness wrapped around a rich fruit cocktail, and yes it is sprinkled with rose petals. Not very sweet but immensely flavourful.

Damn! That kinda turned me on.

Do pour it slowly. Lol

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Yeah that's a good line. I'll try that at the next shuffleboard tournament at the home.

It'll go good with my plaid slacks.lol

As I recall the sots out in the Ozarks like the Wild Turkey.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Like this award Crown Royal is a product of a Committee.

Like most 'Canadian' Whiskies it has been corrupted to appeal to American Bourban tastes with Corn product.

True Canadian Whiskey starts with a pure Canadian Rye Base.. for fermentation and flavour.. uses good Canadian spring water (rather than filtered lake water).. ages 10 years in new oak casks.

Try Alberta Springs 10 Year Old for a superior Canadian sipping whiskey at a moderate price. I'd take it over Crown Royal any day.

Described as such Luscious and weighty with beautifully integrated aromatic spices and waves of white pepper. Sweet, like Mackintosh’s® toffee, vanilla, and dried fruit. Citric zest, linen, some dustiness, and hints of oak. Spicy Rye.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Like this award Crown Royal is a product of a Committee.
Actually, this award is by one man, who seems to fancy himself (with some support) the final say in whiskey.

Try Alberta Springs 10 Year Old for a superior Canadian sipping whiskey at a moderate price. I'd take it over Crown Royal any day.
Not a big fan of Alberta Distillers products. Nor rye for that matter.