Roll Up The Rim To Play Again

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
At Tims for this most recent contest the odds of winning a small coffee or even a lightly glazed donut must have gone down. I've probably had 30+ cups of Tims and not won a thing. Weren't the odds suppose to be like 1 in 6? Not that I really need a donut but the contest has become a bit of a joke.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I haven't even bought a Tim's for months. Just not one near me, shocking I know. Still I've had a few people buy me the odd coffee.....not a fu*cking donut in the goddamn bunch.

Not that I need or even want a donut either, but it would be nice to just win once in a while. :(

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
At Tims for this most recent contest the odds of winning a small coffee or even a lightly glazed donut must have gone down. I've probably had 30+ cups of Tims and not won a thing. Weren't the odds suppose to be like 1 in 6? Not that I really need a donut but the contest has become a bit of a joke.
I have a Kuerig at home and we have one at school so I haven't had a Timmies for so long I can't remember...I have a zillion Tim cards because that's what parents always put on your desk for little thank yous...which is nice although a few $10.00 LCBO cards put together would sure keep me happy.

I've heard but don't know, aren't there supposed to be possible winners on both sides...are you unraveling both sides of the cup?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have Williams now. They have accepted me.
I have to admit, they do make a decent cup of joe.

I have a Kuerig at home and we have one at school so I haven't had a Timmies for so long I can't remember...
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the not so enviro friendly K Cups, but I have to admit, since using one of those Kuerig's at work, I will readily admit. If you use the right blend, it makes a pretty good cup of coffee.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

It is good. I like their dark roast. Even though it's "organic"....whatever that means....blessed by coffee guru's or something.

And they have their regular roast in the Kcups for my Keurig, I'm just waiting for their dark roast to debut, then I'll be having it at home too. :D

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the not so enviro friendly K Cups, but I have to admit, since using one of those Kuerig's at work, I will readily admit. If you use the right blend, it makes a pretty good cup of coffee.

You could always lop the top off the kcups (it's mostly just like a heavy foil) dump the used coffee and drop the plastic into recycling.

For me, the convenience of it beats all else.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

yeah I agree, but you can get the little cups now that have almost a teabag like consistency and they are good you just have to store them in an airtight container or they lose their strength...even when toting them around I keep them in a container with a tight lid

oh, and SLM's post just reminded me, you can buy the little plastic cups that can be loaded with whatever you like...they are a pain to wash but good environmentally

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
They have reusable ones too if you really love your own blend.

Keuring is great for someone like me, the sole coffee drinker. Brewing a pot was always such a waste!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yeah that's them...I have one but confess I seldom use it

it must be time for another coffee eh?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
yeah that's them...I have one but confess I seldom use it

it must be time for another coffee eh?

I go back and forth, I will admit.

Timothy's makes a really nice Colombian blend in the KCup that I quite like. Also Folgers has a nice "Lively Colombian". They're both nice and bold without being bitter, which is what I like. I keep my eye out for bulk blends too that I can use.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I go back and forth, I will admit.

Timothy's makes a really nice Colombian blend in the KCup that I quite like. Also Folgers has a nice "Lively Colombian". They're both nice and bold without being bitter, which is what I like. I keep my eye out for bulk blends too that I can use.
Yes they do.
I also really like the Van Houtte medium Colombian...and yes some brands are bitter, I really like smooth...lately PC has done okay with some of their flavoured which I like in the afternoon, such as vanilla or butterscotch instead of me chowing down on cake but I can't drink that flavoured crap in the morning or very often. I tried a big box of Mountain something or another and it's fair share and pretty good but weaker than the Van Houtte so I make it only 8 or 6 but never 10...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I use a k cup filter and mix dark roast with Murchies mocha Java. Makes a very smooth yet bold cup.