Canada’s race problem? It’s even worse than America’s.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Canada’s race problem? It’s even worse than America’s.

For a country so self-satisfied with its image of progressive tolerance, how is this not a national crisis?

The racial mess in the United States looks pretty grim and is painful to watch. We can be forgiven for being quietly thankful for Canada’s more inclusive society, which has avoided dramas like that in Ferguson, Mo. We are not the only ones to think this. In the recently released Social Progress Index, Canada is ranked second amongst all nations for its tolerance and inclusion.
Unfortunately, the truth is we have a far worse race problem than the United States. We just can’t see it very easily.

More: Canada's racism problem? It's even worse than America's.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
'By almost every measurable indicator, the Aboriginal population in Canada is treated worse and lives with more hardship than the African-American population.'

Those that chose to remain on the reservations make an individual and personal choice... Further, the deplorable conditions on many reservations are directly the result of poor and/or corrupt FN leadership.

Time to stop blaming everyone else Cliffy and for you to seek the root cause of the problems that you identify... Maybe start with Attiwapiskat and delve into the salaries of Chief Teressa Spence.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I noticed. DOesn't mean anything. To be fair they should compare treatment of natives in both countries. What Mcleans did is compare apples to oranges just to sell print.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I wonder what the black slaves that escaped to Canad thought of the Rez and the Residential School that was a big part of their torment?
Try not to lose sight of that fact. Today it would be GITMO for chilfren and we still don't have a big problem with it as long as what we care about is never threated that same way, then it becomes a big issue that needs immediate solutions.

I noticed. DOesn't mean anything. To be fair they should compare treatment of natives in both countries. What Mcleans did is compare apples to oranges just to sell print.
How about ritual abuse or genocide and leave out the bull**** names that make you appear innocent of the past crimes. What was the last torment 'your people' experienced?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Great... You can write into Macleans and tell 'em to talk to Chief Spence and find out how much she and the live-in boyfriend make.

PS - Who goes on a hunger strike and manages to actually gain weight?
Over 1.4 million indigenous peoples in Canada and that is the best you can come up with. You prejudice is showing.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Are all 1.4 million suffering as per the article?... All forced to live on reservation?

You have anything to base that number on other than abuses exacted generations before most of the present 1.4 million were born?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Are all 1.4 million suffering as per the article?... All forced to live on reservation?

You have anything to base that number on other than abuses exacted generations before most of the present 1.4 million were born?
1,4 million comes from stats can. As usual, you drag out straw man arguments cuz you ain't got nothin'.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
My family has tried to talk to and help many of the losers on reserve, they were treated like chit an it has never worked in the last 60 years.
They prefer to fill peeps like cliffy with BS and whine for more money.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
My family has tried to talk to and help many of the losers on reserve, they were treated like chit an it has never worked in the last 60 years.
They prefer to fill peeps like cliffy with BS and whine for more money.
Did some down troden injun write the article for Maclean's? Did I?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
i like reading the comments,as i read these comments,I cannot help wondering if the individuals writing these comments,see them as i see them.
i find a high amount of intolerance for just about anything on these forums,once again i wonder if i am on the right site.

I also question who has access to Canadian Content forums,
with the high amount of expressed intolerance,I am wondering why noone says anything,this makes me wonder who really has access to this forum, and to extend upon my weak curosities, I question why i have access to this forum,certainly i am not the only one who wonders why there is such a dominance of intolerance with little or no objections.
everything seems so controlled and scripted.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Mythology needs to go bye bye.

The racism isn't on Rez it's Urban Rez and off Rez urban.

The Reznecks hate going to the city and the urbans hate Rez life.

Fix that first.

Fix it so southern Cree can work in Dene regions without bloodshed.

Get the gangbangers off Band Councils.

Hire Third Party Admin.

Show up for work.

Are those whitie's things to meddle in?