Vancouver: then and now

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i'll browse those sites, very interesting.

i remember much about vancouver, as a little girl, went there quite often from the age of about

five, which was l943, the old beacon theatre, loved the old woodwards, especially at xmas time,
way upstairs with the little train kids could ride on, loved it

rode the interurban to vancouver many times, and also rode around vancouver on the street cars,
to the beaches and other destinations.

had meals on the top floor of the old hudsons bay, could look across to north vancouver, then
rode the ferry to n.van many times to visit my aunt.

many times visited stanley park, and rode the little train there, and visited the beaches.
we had lunch at the pavillion in the park, it might still be there.

anybody remember the 'white lunch' restaurants, loved them, cause one could get a tray and slide in
along the bar and see all of the cooked food and desserts, nothing like that anywhere else at that
time.

visited the first white spot on south granville many times as a child. nothing like that in new westminster,
till many years later.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I lived and worked in the Commercial Street/Commercial Drive area during the early 80's.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I worked downtown (Georgia and Burrard) during Expo 86. That was an amazing time. Saw all sorts of higher ups. Politicians from everywhere. Princess Diana and Prince Charles. Served athletes, from football players to pro golfers. Watched Rick Hanson go by at the end of his journey. The city was in a perpetual party.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Nah, Calgary!

At the Stock Exchange?

no, i was a secretary in a general construction company, 'bennett and white'.

vancouver is a beautiful city, i love it, i know it, and if i could afford it i would own an apartment

to visit from time to time.